ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension - travelling near expiry

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coorgi

Spouse visa extension - travelling near expiry

Post by coorgi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:28 am

Hi all,

My wife's visa is due for renewal mid-July. We have a need to travel the last week of June and be back on the first weekend of July, i.e a week before the expiry date.

We can't miss out on the travel, will it be a problem if we come back and apply immediately? a week before the expiry? Would there be a problem at immigration at the time of reentry or when we apply for a visa? I plan to apply the normal route and not fast track, which means my wife would no way get her visa before the expiry.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension - travelling near expiry

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:34 am

You are free to travel and return to the UK before the visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension - travelling near expiry

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:36 pm

coorgi wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:28 am
Hi all,

My wife's visa is due for renewal mid-July. We have a need to travel the last week of June and be back on the first weekend of July, i.e a week before the expiry date.

We can't miss out on the travel, will it be a problem if we come back and apply immediately? a week before the expiry? Would there be a problem at immigration at the time of reentry or when we apply for a visa? I plan to apply the normal route and not fast track, which means my wife would no way get her visa before the expiry.

Many thanks
You may have to plan well far in advance regarding booking the appointment for the submission of application as HO have no discretion over overstaying.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.