ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent to ILR. Confused which form to use.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Tier 2 Dependent to ILR. Confused which form to use.

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:11 pm

Dear All,

I main applicant got ILR(Tier 2 - 5 Year Route) last year August. Still my dependents my wife and my 2 year old child are in Tier 2 dependent Visa's expires May 2019. As far my knowledge my child is now entitled to register as British using MN1 form. But my wife needs to apply for ILR soon. I'm confused which form to use. Is Set(O) or Set(M). Kindly anyone give advice on this.

Thank you in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to ILR. Confused which form to use.

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:11 pm
Dear All,

I main applicant got ILR(Tier 2 - 5 Year Route) last year August. Still my dependents my wife and my 2 year old child are in Tier 2 dependent Visa's expires May 2019. As far my knowledge my child is now entitled to register as British using MN1 form. But my wife needs to apply for ILR soon. I'm confused which form to use. Is Set(O) or Set(M). Kindly anyone give advice on this.

Thank you in advance.
SET(O) for wife.
If child born in UK, you can register child as BC via MN1 as you have ILR now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Great. Thank you for your immediate response Tier11417. I have another doubt regarding my child's MN1 form.

Query regarding referees.

First referee: I've no doubt, I'm aware that the first referee should be professional who has engaged with child in professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

But the second referee normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25. Is that OK can I represent my colleague as second referee.

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 pm
Great. Thank you for your immediate response Tier11417. I have another doubt regarding my child's MN1 form.

First referee: I've no doubt, I'm aware that the first referee should be professional who has engaged with child in professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

But the second referee normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25. Is that OK can I represent my colleague as second referee.

Thanks in advance.
Yes if he has British Passport and is a professional or over 25

(The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25)

To be honest, HO is not strict on referees for young children. Your child is only 2 so they wont be strict anyways. I applied for my daughter when she was around 4 months old.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:55 pm

Great. Many thanks for immediate response. Have a nice day.

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:56 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:18 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:11 pm
Dear All,

Thank you in advance.
SET(O) for wife.
If child born in UK, you can register child as BC via MN1 as you have ILR now.
What if wife had the latest visa renewed after main applicant secured an ILR but not British yet? Will it then be Set (M)?
Because I'm in similar situation and as part of online application the form I was given online was Set (M)

I received ILR - March 2015
Tier 2 dependent visa renewed - April 2016
I received British citizenship - May 2016
Last edited by kiran3313 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 pm

kiran3313 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:56 pm
What if wife had the latest visa renewed after main applicant secured an ILR but not British yet? Will it then be Set (M)?
Because I'm in this situation and as part of online application the form I was given online was Set (M)
If your wife still holds a PBS Dependent visa then she can ONLY apply on form SET(O). If she applies on form SET(M), it will be refused.

If she applied for a visa on form FLR(M) and is currently on a spouse settlement visa, then it would be SET(M) provided she has spent 5 years on FLR(M) spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Thank you CR001, that's really helpful

This is somewhat mislead me. My wife got her visa renewed as a PBS dependent Set (O).
I thought because my wife got her recent visa after I secured ILR I went through this route.
Si, I should stick to Set (O) then?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (27.5 KiB) Viewed 711 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:18 pm

What visa did she last apply for?? If she applied for a PBS Dependent visa then it is SET(O).

The piece you are quoting is relevant if a person got their first visa as an ILR dependent, i.e spouse settlement visa or switched to that visa from another category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm

My wife is on pbs dependant visa and she has been on the same category since the beginning. Even after I secured ILR we applied for a pbs dependent renewal.
Thanks a ton for clarifying my position. This actually saved me from having my visa being refused :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:55 pm

kiran3313 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm
My wife is on pbs dependant visa and she has been on the same category since the beginning. Even after I secured ILR we applied for a pbs dependent renewal.
Thanks a ton for clarifying my position. This actually saved me from having my visa being refused :)
SET(O) as advised by CR001.
Also she needs LIUK & English requirements. Just thought to give a headsup.

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Thank you tier11417
I have taken care of those requirements.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi Tier11417,

As I approached first referee, that is professional reference from my daughter's play school. They said they can't able to give. They said all our staffs are always busy and it is impossible to give references. Is that legal to refuse? Please advice how to approach to get reference from health visitor.

Many Thanks.
tier11417 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:10 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:

Thanks in advance.

(The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25)

To be honest, HO is not strict on referees for young children. Your child is only 2 so they wont be strict anyways. I applied for my daughter when she was around 4 months old.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi Tier11417,

As I approached first referee, that is professional reference from my daughter's play school. They said they can't able to give. They said all our staffs are always busy and it is impossible to give references. Is that legal to refuse? Please advice how to approach to get reference from health visitor.

Many Thanks.
tier11417 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:10 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Can you please start a topic with your British citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum. they are not relevant to your ILR topic or the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:05 pm

If you start a new topic as advised Il reply there.