ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa

Post by janinah » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi,

My parents going to apply UK visitor visa very soon. Their Scenario as follows:

1. My financial situation is not well, because of that My parents will bear their full expense for two months UK Visit.
2. I already talked to local estate agency and they will provide a booking confirmation addressing my parents for a one bed room flat for them for two months at £750pcm all inclusive.
3. They return airfare will be £600 each person.
4. Which means £6,000 estimated cost for them together this visit.
5. My mother has £30,000 in bank account saving including £14,000 provident fund income from recent retired job. As, she just received this large provident fund cheque, we will provide copy of cheque and documents from employer confirming this. Rest amount earlier saving, old land sale, father's retirement etc...these are years ago incident.
6. My Mother's annual rental income £5,300 from flats, shops after recent retirement from the job
7. My parents will confirm in a letter that after retirement they now want to visit UK not only as a tourist basis but also want to see where their eldest son live with wife and children for last 15 years
8. They will confirm they will go back country after 2 months as my mother has property, other relatives, their younger son and his wife. Moreover, My mother still waiting for her final paper work and final graduated payment of £12,000 from the job.
9. I will also confirm I will travel with my family for summer holiday exactly when my parents go back. I will provide confirmed air tickets as well.

From above scenario, what do you think, what are the weak points we need to address and is there any way to add more documents like how to proof intention of going back home or strong connection. I am really struggling how can we proof this ? £3,000 enough for two adult for 2 months for food, travel, living expense ? £14,000 provident fund will be a problem if we provide cheque and confirming letter from employer ? What do you think ?

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa

Post by janinah » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Any One plz ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 am

Given your parents circumstances and their connections with their home country as stated, I am not seeing any major issues with them getting a visit visa.

Have they traveled to other first world countries in the past? If yes that would cement an almost certain positive grant.

As for information - the general view is to break it down to the following:

Income / weath - fully demonstrate current income and ready access cash in the bank

Property holdings - which in this case look strong. Need the (translated) documents proving ownership

Family ties - evidence of who the ties are with - birth certificates / evidence of current residence/ who are the extended family members - Spouse, kids etc. Belt and braces stuff like photo evidence, letter covering / confirming relationship from the son and that they have a family life with your parents.

As I said it all looks positive in your case 👍👍👍

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.

No, they haven't travelled western country. Only last year went to Saudia Arabia for Hajj.

Another thing, is Travel or Medical Insurance necessary for the Visa or treatment in UK. I am not sure is NHS provide medical service for tourist. As, they both over 60+, I am thinking if NHS not provide free service then, better they need to get medical insurance. In that case, will it better to get insurance before visa or after ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:30 pm

They need travel insurance. NHS is not free for tourists.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:33 pm

Ok..thats fine....Based on their age I will prefer the insurance but is the travel insurance needed before the visa or after...If they do the insurance and then visa application rejected...that will be waste of money...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 pm

They need insurance BEFORE they TRAVEL.

This is completely separate to the visit visa application which does not ask for this as evidence or a condition of the visit visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks.

Another thing, is Property Valuation from third party company required ? If not, then Estimated valuation by ourself accetable ?

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Any advice on Property Valuation ?