ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP approved, can I not follow through?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OZ Paris
Newly Registered

HSMP approved, can I not follow through?

Post by OZ Paris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:40 pm

Hi everyone

My first post. Thanks to everyone, and especially the moderators; I find the posts here most helpful.

Just received the HSMP approval letter, unexpectedly quickly (less than two weeks). Unfortunately, I just don't think I'm ready yet to move to the UK at this time.

A couple of questions if anyone can help:
1. If I don't follow through and do not move to the UK at this time, will they blacklist me? If I apply again next year, will they view my application unfavourably then?

2. My understanding is that I have three months to apply for entry clearance (so till June), and the subsequent 12 months to move to the UK and find a job. Is this correct? Will they consider giving more than 12 months for me to actually make the move?

Thanks for your help.

sergio39

Re: HSMP approved, can I not follow through?

Post by sergio39 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:40 pm

1. HSMP fees will increase considerably starting 1 april.
2. The program could be closed at that time or something like that.
3. You have 3 months (starting the approval date) to get EC, and another 3 months (starting EC date) to enter in UK. Some people said that they were asked on EC when they wants EC date.
4. The next time You could have a differnt caseworker (it is important) so the result could be other.

I am waiting for 8 months my decision and I don't know when and what it will be.
You are lucky having it so quickly, so, I suggest to reevaluate your willingness ro relocate.

But, who knows...

OZ Paris
Newly Registered

Post by OZ Paris » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks for your thoughts sergio39, and good luck to you.

I was banking on getting a decision in 6 months, so my planning was along that timeframe. The further away I can delay the actual move to the UK the better.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP approved, can I not follow through?

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:50 am

sergio39 wrote:2. The program could be closed at that time or something like that.
3. You have 3 months (starting the approval date) to get EC, and another 3 months (starting EC date) to enter in UK. Some people said that they were asked on EC when they wants EC date.
4. The next time You could have a differnt caseworker (it is important) so the result could be other.

But, who knows...
I dont think you have to enter the UK within 3 months of the Date of EC. You basically have to apply for EC within 3 months of your approval date and at which time you can request to have EC starting at the latest possible date which would be 3 months from the date that they process your EC (some consulates seem to ignore such request), so in reality you can have about 6 months b4 your EC starts, and after that you can delay your entry for any set number of months only bearing in mind fact that you have to apply for an extension close to the expiry of EC