ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sample of self written Absence letter from employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hpin31
Newly Registered
India

Employer letter for ILR

Post by hpin31 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 am

Hi everyone, Sorry for posting in this thread but I didn't know where else to post. Please correct me if it needs to go elsewhere
I was wondering if anyone had experience with their previous employer not being able to provide absence letter or experience letter. My employer that I left in 2015 has gone through 2 mergers so far and I am unable to trace anyone down, believe me tried everything possible.
In this case what would you recommend doing ?
I do have my resignation on their letterhead approved showing end date and my contract to show start date. I also have some random payslips (but this would be overkill anyway as I worked 3 years with them so am ruling out payslips as an option). I do not have P60 or P45 couldn't find them sadly. I do have all my leave details and flight tickets etc. Can i just self certify in a letter with whatever I have available ? Anyone had similar experience ?

Thanking you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer letter for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:51 am

1. Please do not tag ILR questions onto topics in the General Immigration forum. general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 67507.html Your post has been split and moved to the ILR sub forum.

2. If you are unable to get the absence letter, simply write one yourself detailing your absence and why you are unable to get one from XYZ employer.

3. Payslips and resignation letter are irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hpin31
Newly Registered
India

Re: Employer letter for ILR

Post by hpin31 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:58 am

Thank you CR001 ,sorry for posting in wrong thread.

hpin31
Newly Registered
India

Sample of self written Absence letter from employer

Post by hpin31 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi All,
Anyone would be able to help with a sample of self-written absence letter. MY company had 3 mergers since I left so they are refusing to giv eme one, however someone here suggested I could write one myself and that is route I have to take unfortunately.
If anyone has gone through something similar then if you could just give few pointers on how you went about writing one will be handy like - what additional proof did you provide apart from writing letter and explaining.
I am due to go for BRP tomorrow and thinking of providing random few payslips that proved I work there, resignation letter on company letterhead as proof of last day, obviously Tier 2 BRP that they gave me (which will have COS number on it if they want to investigate further) and passport stamps will match my entry and exits too.
I don't have P60 or P45 of that year as I didn't keep it (I know big mistake)

Thanks in advance