ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 & EEA2 address change? Should I notify?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evil_grrrl666

EEA1 & EEA2 address change? Should I notify?

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Hello everyone!

Beginning of March, my husband and I applied for EEA1&EEA2. We have received our confirmation letters and are waiting for the Home office to process our applications.

We have moved house in the meanwhile (used to live with relatives and now moved out into a flat in a shared house).

Because there are other people sharing the same house and the mail just comes in the letterbox together, we would prefer receiving our passports back from the home office on the old address (whenever they decide our case). But for practical reasons want to change our address to the new address for other things (bank accounts, pay slips, electoral roll).

What should we do?
1. tell the home office that we moved but request them to send our papers and all other correspondence back to the old address? (would i have to justify why two different addresses?)
2. not tell the home office but change our address for all other purposes
3. not tell the home office or anybody else and keep receiving mail on the old address in order not to cause suspicion to anyone

any inputs would be appreciated!

Laura

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:25 pm

I think your no. 2 is OK. I don't think it would cause a problem.
John