ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Applying online, 30 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: FLR(M) - Applying online, 30 months

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:38 pm

Normally they give 33 months so that people have 2/3 months extra to prepare documents for extension but in your case its exact 30 months and 3 days

You can apply within 28 days before expiry date and i will personally not apply 2 days before expiry date and will go for standard in your case so that they take at least one month to process it and next 30 months period start after current expiry date so that you dont have any shortfall at ILR stage

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:38 pm
Normally they give 33 months so that people have 2/3 months extra to prepare documents for extension but in your case its exact 30 months and 3 days

You can apply within 28 days before expiry date and i will personally not apply 2 days before expiry date and will go for standard in your case so that they take at least one month to process it and next 30 months period start after current expiry date so that you dont have any shortfall at ILR stage
That makes sense, Thank you! I am planning to do standard and was getting confused why my last week of visa just disappears but I get it now, that applies to premium visa applications. I was planning to apply around the 1st of April after I get my husbands last payslip, so I assume a week before is good enough time? Thank you again

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:01 pm

One more question as I have never used the online system before for a visa.
If I apply for my standard visa online (before visa expiry) but only get given the option to go to an appointment 3 weeks later (after visa expiry), would this matter or does HO not take that time into account? Thanks

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:21 pm

Riori wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:01 pm
One more question as I have never used the online system before for a visa.
If I apply for my standard visa online (before visa expiry) but only get given the option to go to an appointment 3 weeks later (after visa expiry), would this matter or does HO not take that time into account? Thanks
Any help on the above would be great! Thanks!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:42 pm

As you know, you must complete the online application before the visa expires.

The appointment for Biometrics can be after the visa expiry date. I seem to recall you have to book Biometrics within around 6 or 12 weeks ie there’s plenty of time.

You will probably find there are paid for appointments within a week which cost £100 or if you wait further you should find a free appointment. You won’t receive any different service at the actual appointment if you pay or not.

The rights of the applicant remain the same until the visa decision is made.

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 pm

ariamus wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:42 pm
As you know, you must complete the online application before the visa expires.

The appointment for Biometrics can be after the visa expiry date. I seem to recall you have to book Biometrics within around 6 or 12 weeks ie there’s plenty of time.

You will probably find there are paid for appointments within a week which cost £100 or if you wait further you should find a free appointment. You won’t receive any different service at the actual appointment if you pay or not.

The rights of the applicant remain the same until the visa decision is made.
Ok great! I assume a week before the expiry is fine? due to needing to wait for final payslip. Thank you for your help

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Technically 1 day before expiry of visa is also okay however don’t leave it longer than a week before as there could be a technical issue, can’t upload documents etc!

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 am

Hi all,

I have a short signed letter from company saying that the payslips are true and real copies. Anyone who has done this before, Do I also need them to sign each payslip?

Thanks!

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Any ideas on the above question?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:20 pm

Riori wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 am
Hi all,

I have a short signed letter from company saying that the payslips are true and real copies. Anyone who has done this before, Do I also need them to sign each payslip?

Thanks!
Along with this letter no need to stamp/sign the payslip.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:20 pm
Riori wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Thanks!
Is this ok for the letter?

To Whom it may concern
I am writing to confirm that (Sponsors name) payslips are true and real copies of his earnings from (Company).

Kind Regards,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Riori wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:03 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:20 pm
Riori wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Thanks!
Is this ok for the letter?

To Whom it may concern
I am writing to confirm that (Sponsors name) payslips are true and real copies of his earnings from (Company).

Kind Regards,
Yes. Fine
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:24 pm

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi, Thanks for all the help!
I am now looking at the extra services for the appointment (Which I booked 2.5 weeks from now to get a free one), Should I purchase the check documents service? Have most people done this? ( I had thought they checked things as part of the appointment but apparently not)

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: New to online application, a bit confused? FLR(M)

Post by RabeelT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:37 am
1) I applied in the UK so my date of issue was 05-10-2016 and my current visa is valid until 08-04-2019. So when would be the best time to submit application?
Within 28 days before your visa expires.
2) Bank Statements: Do I upload every page of the statement or just the pages with the salary on?
Every page.
3) My Husband has been employed in his current job for over 6 months so I assume we only need to give 6 months statements?
Correct, 6 months.
As i am aware, 6 months or 12 months has also to do if the salary was paid the exact same level in past 6 months, if not then 12 months payslips and bank statements are required, my husbands salary was same over past 6 minths despite I submitted 12 and got approved same day.

Also remember to cover complete 6 months or 12 month bank statement, for example not 5 months and 20 days, 6 months + few days over would be good. You never know home office.
Goodluck

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Riori wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:25 pm
I am now looking at the extra services for the appointment (Which I booked 2.5 weeks from now to get a free one), Should I purchase the check documents service? Have most people done this? ( I had thought they checked things as part of the appointment but apparently not)
They don’t check documents as part of the appointment however I did ask them to check one document was uploaded as it wouldn’t upload, I tried a few times but it didn’t upload, but the next day it was showing as uploaded 3 times! The man checked that uploaded file and showed me the scan for me to confirm all was fine.

If you’re confident you have uploaded the correct documents and perhaps there’s no need to get them to check - we didn’t pay extra to have them checked.
Because you can’t see the actual documents which are uploaded, make sure the file name on your computer matches the document, so when uploaded to the site you can see which files have been uploaded.

Remember to take all documents to the appointment as whilst they didn’t ask us to show them, if for any reason they needed to see a document, it wouldn’t delay matters.

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:22 pm

ariamus wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:24 pm
Riori wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:25 pm
They don’t check documents as part of the appointment however I did ask them to check one document was uploaded as it wouldn’t upload, I tried a few times but it didn’t upload, but the next day it was showing as uploaded 3 times! The man checked that uploaded file and showed me the scan for me to confirm all was fine.

If you’re confident you have uploaded the correct documents and perhaps there’s no need to get them to check - we didn’t pay extra to have them checked.
Because you can’t see the actual documents which are uploaded, make sure the file name on your computer matches the document, so when uploaded to the site you can see which files have been uploaded.

Remember to take all documents to the appointment as whilst they didn’t ask us to show them, if for any reason they needed to see a document, it wouldn’t delay matters.
Thanks for the info!
I assume they are not too strict on if you get a document in the wrong section?

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Quick question as I am scanning in last of uploads. I have one bank statement as proof of cohabitation on my list. Do I just scan the front page showing our joint names and address? or do I need to scan the whole 7 page statement that was posted to me. This is not for proof of income, only for cohabitation. Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Riori wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:38 pm
Quick question as I am scanning in last of uploads. I have one bank statement as proof of cohabitation on my list. Do I just scan the front page showing our joint names and address? or do I need to scan the whole 7 page statement that was posted to me. This is not for proof of income, only for cohabitation. Thanks!
I think just the page with joint names & address

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Riori wrote:
We scanned the complete document and you might as well since you have it. At worst they won’t look beyond page 1 but you just never know with the Home Office.

In terms of categories, we only used a few of them as most didn’t seem relevant. We made sure the document title was correct which would help them locate a particular document. I doubt a document in the wrong category would result in a refusal however keep the documents to those actually required and not 100’s which will cause confusion.

For example, all our cohabitation documents were put into one scan with a covering letter of what is included and dates, meaning they may have them only glanced at the actual documents.

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:08 pm

ariamus wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:35 pm
Riori wrote:
We scanned the complete document and you might as well since you have it. At worst they won’t look beyond page 1 but you just never know with the Home Office.

In terms of categories, we only used a few of them as most didn’t seem relevant. We made sure the document title was correct which would help them locate a particular document. I doubt a document in the wrong category would result in a refusal however keep the documents to those actually required and not 100’s which will cause confusion.

For example, all our cohabitation documents were put into one scan with a covering letter of what is included and dates, meaning they may have them only glanced at the actual documents.
Sure, will do so.
Only ones I wasnt 100% sure about where to put was the payslips so just put them in Sponser/Employment.
Ah right, none of my scans are put into one scan, I uploaded each one. I will probably join some of the longer ones like the passport together. Thanks for the help

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Question:
Is it advisable to join scans together? I have put each scan up with descriptions as they said their was no limit (and I didn't realize you could combine scans) but should I combine the longer scans like passports and bank statements?

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:41 pm

Riori wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 pm
Question:
Is it advisable to join scans together? I have put each scan up with descriptions as they said their was no limit (and I didn't realize you could combine scans) but should I combine the longer scans like passports and bank statements?
Any advice?

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Definitely join scans together where possible so that 1 scan relates to 1 document eg Passport.

Imagine if you’re the Home Office, you don’t want to trail through 20 scans just to review the sponsors British passport.

For example:
I put 6 bank statements into 1 scan
Employer letter + 6 payslips into 1 scan
Each passport into 1 scan
All correspondence documents + covering letter with dates and document name into 1 scan
All declarations into 1 scan

This way I would suggest your ‘file’ is concise and easy to follow and less chance of a document being overlooked.

You’ve seen other members comment about documents being overlooked and whilst that is worrying, I can’t think the manner in which they’re presented has helped.

Riori
United Kingdom

Post by Riori » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Thanks for all the help!
Two quick questions:
1) Do I need to supply 2x passport photos of me and my spouse like in the first visa or no?
2) I have an information letter just clarifying some things for them, but does my sponsor need to write a sponsor letter or do I have to write a letter of intent?

Thanks!