ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry Visa Applying for ILR SET O

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Indefinite Leave to Remain SET O

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Good evening,

I have a few questions that I could use your help with.

With the new one line application process, how long does it take to get your appointment at the UKVCAS centre? or can you pick your date and time for the appointment?

Super Priority Service is this service for someone like myself who is currently on and Ancestry Visa, looking for the ILR SET O? paying £610 (now) and £800 after March 29th will increase your chances of getting an answer on my application faster. We are looking for an answer within 2 days or a 7 days.

My application is not too complicated, I have all the documents from my Ancestry Visa application, as well as all the financial documents as well.

We would like to get an answer as soon as possible, and if it costs extra, it would be worth it to have the piece of mind knowing we will have an answer sooner then 6 months.

And lastly, the Premium Service Lounge in London, is this still an option for submitting your application and what are the details of this service cost of £200

Many thanks.

Sincerely,
Victoria

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain SET O

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:28 am

There are 57 UKVCAS centres.

6 Core Centres: You will be able to get a free appointment within 7-10 days or earlier. Earlier appointments, evening, weekend appointments are paid.
Manchester, Cardiff, Belfast, Birmingham, Croydon, Bristol

50 enhanced libraries centres in other cities: You have to pay for an appointment here in anycase and usually there are long delays in securing an early appointment.

1 london premium lounge: You have to pay £200 for the london premium lounge only. Extra £60 or more for next day or soon. Usually you get an appointment for £200 within 2/3 days without paying extra £60 on top. Just for comfort. Nothing special. (I went here so talking with experience)

You can pick and choose dates and times on availability and different costs.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 pm

VictoriaDurocher wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 pm
Good evening,

I have a few questions that I could use your help with.

With the new one line application process, how long does it take to get your appointment at the UKVCAS centre? or can you pick your date and time for the appointment?

Super Priority Service is this service for someone like myself who is currently on and Ancestry Visa, looking for the ILR SET O? paying £610 (now) and £800 after March 29th will increase your chances of getting an answer on my application faster. We are looking for an answer within 2 days or a 7 days.

My application is not too complicated, I have all the documents from my Ancestry Visa application, as well as all the financial documents as well.

We would like to get an answer as soon as possible, and if it costs extra, it would be worth it to have the piece of mind knowing we will have an answer sooner then 6 months.

And lastly, the Premium Service Lounge in London, is this still an option for submitting your application and what are the details of this service cost of £200

Many thanks.

Sincerely,
Victoria
You can choose premium service if you like with the payment of the extra cost.
Bizman

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Just to be clear for myself, we can pay the additional £610 for the Super Priority Service and this would get us an answer with in a couple of days.

Super Priority Service is this service for someone like myself who is currently on and Ancestry Visa, looking for the ILR SET O? paying £610 (now) and £800 after March 29th will increase your chances of getting an answer on my application faster. We are looking for an answer within 2 days to 7 days.

Thank you for your advice.
Sincerely,
Victoria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Just to be clear for myself, we can pay the additional £610 for the Super Priority Service and this would get us an answer with in a couple of days.

Yes.
Super Priority Service is this service for someone like myself who is currently on and Ancestry Visa, looking for the ILR SET O? paying £610 (now) and £800 after March 29th will increase your chances of getting an answer on my application faster. We are looking for an answer within 2 days to 7 days.
The fee increase is just that, a fee increase. It does not mean you will get a decision any sooner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Sorry I'm feeling a bit confused, if we use the priority service we will get an answer within a couple of days.

So we want to get an answer as soon as we can.

Because I am applying for the Indefinite Leave to Remain SET O 10 year visa. Do I qualify to use the priority service? I am currently on an Ancestry 5 year visa.

I just want to make sure I can.

Sincerely,
Victoria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Yes you qualify to use the super priority service. No reason your route is excluded.

The point is, there is no guarantee you will get a quick decision. Some members have been waiting more than a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:24 pm

VictoriaDurocher wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:14 pm
Sorry I'm feeling a bit confused, if we use the priority service we will get an answer within a couple of days.

So we want to get an answer as soon as we can.

Because I am applying for the Indefinite Leave to Remain SET O 10 year visa. Do I qualify to use the priority service? I am currently on an Ancestry 5 year visa.

I just want to make sure I can.

Sincerely,
Victoria
To be sure, you can run a dummy application (wont take long). You will get service options: standard or super priority or both options on payment page. You will be sure then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:17 am

Good morning all,

Another question that has just come up,

You will also need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) which is currently £400 per year for each applicant.

Since I have been in the country for almost 5 years and I am an NHS patient am I required to pay this £400 Immigration Health Surcharge?

Many Thanks.
Sincerely,
Victoria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 am

VictoriaDurocher wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:17 am
Good morning all,

You will also need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) which is currently £400 per year for each applicant.

Since I have been in the country for almost 5 years and I am an NHS patient am I required to pay this £400 Immigration Health Surcharge?

Many Thanks.
Sincerely,
Victoria
IHS is NOT required for ILR.

What online form exactly are you looking at??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:30 am

VictoriaDurocher wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:17 am
Good morning all,

Many Thanks.
Sincerely,
Victoria
Not required for ILR
Bizman

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am

Thank you so much for your support.

Sincerely,
Victoria

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Hello again,

Another question, passport photographs.

Do we still need to bring to to the UKVCAS appointment?

I have read some different information on line. I am not sure if I should bring them or not.

Please advise.

Sincerely,
Victoria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:02 pm

VictoriaDurocher wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:31 pm
Hello again,

Another question, passport photographs.

Do we still need to bring to to the UKVCAS appointment?

I have read some different information on line. I am not sure if I should bring them or not.

Please advise.

Sincerely,
Victoria
No
Bizman

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Ancestry Visa Applying for ILR SET O

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:51 am

Good morning,

I have a few questions in regards to my application,

1) Personal Information: During my five years being in the UK, I have gotten married and I use my Surname with a hyphen to my married name.(xxxxx-yyyy)
All my supporting documents are in the same format.
On my Passport, it is only my maiden name xxxxx.
Should I use my married name on the the Personal Information section?

2) Biometric Residence permit detail: I do not have a BRP card, however I did fill out the form in Canada, which it has a Id number.
The question is Do you have a BRP from Previous stay in the UK? Would I answer yes or no?

3) In the income section, My husband and I both pay for our mortgage, Should my answer be No?

4) Does a relative or friend of you or your spouse or partner regularly give you money? My Husband and myself have a joint account. Is this applicable?

Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Victoria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry Visa Applying for ILR SET O

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:59 am

1. You need to list the name as it appears in your passport. If you wanted to use the new surname, you should have updated your passport first

2. You don't have a brp card if your full 5 year visa is a vignette in your passport.

3. Assuming your spiuse is not your ancestry dependent visa holder, the form is relevant only to you but you should answer any questions truthfully.

4. If you are using a joint account, the consent form needs to be signed. Simply answer the question truthful, either answer has no effect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Good Afternoon,

I have another question in regards to Nation identity cards.

In the section Nationality Details, there is a question Do you have a valid national identity card? Being born in Canada, I have a passport and a birth certificate. So I do not have an identity card.
Is that correct?

and Do you currently hold or have ever held any other nationality or citizenship? Because I am Canadian I can answer yes to this question, because I'm Canadian.

Thank you again for your support.
Victoria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:16 pm

VictoriaDurocher wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Good Afternoon,

I have another question in regards to Nation identity cards.

In the section Nationality Details, there is a question Do you have a valid national identity card? Being born in Canada, I have a passport and a birth certificate. So I do not have an identity card.
Is that correct?

and Do you currently hold or have ever held any other nationality or citizenship? Because I am Canadian I can answer yes to this question, because I'm Canadian.

Thank you again for your support.
Victoria
1. No to identify card.

2. Yes. Although you likely already stated your citizenship elsewhere and the question could be for additional citizenships you hold. Either way, no effect on your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VictoriaDurocher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by VictoriaDurocher » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Thank you for all your support.

I just have one more questions, when we are uploading our documents to the application form,

What is the format is acceptable? PDF, JPEG or something else.

Please advice.

Sincerely,
Victoria

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 pm

They must have written the accepted format there
Bizman