ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: hi sharbt_hvr

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:32 pm

aparna_b wrote:Do I need to submit my husbands Application at the same time as dependent. Or he can apply for Tier 1 seperately Later if I didnot submit my husband as dependent will there be any case of rejection.
1. You can submit your husband's application as a dependent alongwith your own application or even later.
2. Your husband can apply for Tier 1 in his own right - now or later.
3. Your husband will not be able to apply for Tier 1 from within UK if he goes there as your dependent. He will have to return to home country and apply for Tier 1in his own right.

Answers to your other queries are already available. Please read the PBS guidance and search the forum.

reagrds

ganeshptrk

hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:26 am

Hi,
This is regarding proof of Maintenance funds. It was mentioned somewhere in UK border agency website that the account can be in applicant's name or can be a joint account with spouse, civil partner. It has not mentioned that we need to produce any other authorisation letter from spouse or civil partner.

Now in this forum some one is saying, that we need to produce an authorisation letter from spouse.

I called up VFS Bangalore. Now they are saying the account should be in applican't name only. Even joint accounts on spouse name or civil partner name are not valid.

I am totally confused.

Can someone clarify me on this please...?

Thanks

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 am

I know that people have been using Joint account with spouse till now for maintenance requirements in Tier 1. But to my surprise, when I tried to search in the Immigration rules/guidance notes, no where could I find a statement which would roughly mean:
You, as a main applicant, are allowed to use joint account for showing maintenance funds.
However, dependents of Tier 1 application are allowed to use account with main applicant as a proof of maintenance funds, as stated here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/
The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on their own application or that of other dependants

Now British High Commission(BHC) in India (notorious for their own strict interpretation of rules) can take a stance to refuse whatever documents which are NOT in specified in the rules. Hence they CAN refuse joint account statements. (I am not saying they will, but they CAN).

But on the other hand, the rules also don't specify that funds can be in two bank accounts, and even then BHC will accept two account statements as maintenance proof (is the sum of those accounts is more that 2800 GBP).

Now this shows irony, doesn't it??!! :lol:
Last edited by CoolestGuyC on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:36 am

Thanks "CoolestGuyC" for your reply. Anyway I already submitted the application with one of the accounts being a joint account on my spouse's name. Let us see what happens.

And one more thing. I submitted the application on 16-June. The statements that I provided are for the period 10-Mar to 14-June. Are these statements are fine to cover the 3 month period...?

Please clarify

Thanks

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:49 am

Thanks "CoolestGuyC" for your reply. Anyway I already submitted the application with one of the accounts being a joint account on my spouse's name. Let us see what happens.
You have no cause to worry, as I have seen cases on this forum where joint account statements with spouse have been used as a proof for maintenance funds (without approval letter).
And one more thing. I submitted the application on 16-June. The statements that I provided are for the period 10-Mar to 14-June. Are these statements are fine to cover the 3 month period...?
Now this is best any human can do, what do the BHC guys expect? Should we submit an account statement which shows balance just before 1 hour of application ??!! :wink:

Not to worry for above fact also..I know 51k is at stake and BHC people are sometime stupid in their interpretation, but your application wont have any issues because of above two points.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance Funds - Joint Account

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:53 am

Now this is yet another interpretation I see from British High Commission people. They have replied to this person who asked them about maintenance funds, and I am surprised to see yet another interpretation of rules by BHC (regarding which documents are allowed and which are not).
rely wrote:This is what they have to say:-

rely

You may hold the £2800 equivalent in your Indian account. If it is in your name, you will have the authority to transfer the amount to an UK account. If in a joint account, we would require the approval of the second account holder.

Trust the above clarifies.

Visa Services
UK Border Agency
If you intend to reply to this e-mail, please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

hsmp1412 wrote:Hi rely, what i gathered by tracking the process so far is that you can show a joint account only if it is held by you and your spouse... and also in that case no letter is needed, marriage certificate would suffice.

rely wrote:Yes you can show in joint account with your mother/father/sister/spouse BUT GET APPROVAL OF SECOND ACOUNT HOLDER.
rely

firstier wrote:Is it acceptable if I show the maintenance funds requirement from a joint account. The account is a joint account owned by myself and my wife.
[/quote]

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 am

Hi Ganesh,

You have applied recently. Could you please give the details of documents required for INTEGRA ?

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:09 am

Documents for Integra as produced by me.
1. Photocopies of filled in VAF9A and VAF9B forms
2. Photocopy of PBS sheet. PBS sheet is nothing but the Integra form. This you have to fill in with your employer details, bank details, university details etc and give them a photocopy also. In employer details section you have to give the details for current employer and previous employer(if any).
3. All Bank statements. This includes 12 month earnings plus 3 months maintenance funds. Again photocopies only
4. Last two months payslips. I produced only photocopies here.
5. Photocopy of degree certificate and final year marksheets.

This is what I gave them.

Cheers
Ganesh

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:14 am

Thanks Ganesh,

Did you fill up the integra form there in VFS office ?

ganeshptrk

hI

Post by ganeshptrk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 am

Yes, I filled the Integra form at VFS only.

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 am

Thanks Ganesh for the information.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:08 am

Hi,

I saw the integra form and under the Maintenance proof section there is space to enter just one bank account details. However I have three, any idea how I should enter them on the integra form?
ganeshptrk wrote:Documents for Integra as produced by me.
1. Photocopies of filled in VAF9A and VAF9B forms
2. Photocopy of PBS sheet. PBS sheet is nothing but the Integra form. This you have to fill in with your employer details, bank details, university details etc and give them a photocopy also. In employer details section you have to give the details for current employer and previous employer(if any).
3. All Bank statements. This includes 12 month earnings plus 3 months maintenance funds. Again photocopies only
4. Last two months payslips. I produced only photocopies here.
5. Photocopy of degree certificate and final year marksheets.

This is what I gave them.

Cheers
Ganesh

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:11 am

If you have more than one bank accounts to show, enter them on second page. The second page is a blank page.

ganeshptrk

Maintenance funds - Joint Account

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:23 am

Hi all,
There is a debate going on whether BHC will accept joint accounts. I request everyone in the forum to post their details, if he/she meets the following criteria. This would help future applicants.

1. Applied for Tier 1 General from India for the main applicant only (No dependents)
2. Showed Joint Account on spouse name towards proof of Maintenance funds.
3. And the EC was successful.

Please help.

Thanks
Ganesh

cgohil

Re: Maintenance funds - Joint Account

Post by cgohil » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 am

Hi Ganesh,

Can you please let me know whether u have submitted the source of fund evidence or not?

OR u have submitted only the documents which was asked by BIA and VFS for example-Bank statement,Bank letter or passbook.

Kindly let me know your feedback on the same as I am going to fil my application next week.

Please help.

Thanks
chirag

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:06 am

Linked from following thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=27737

Can successful Tier 1 applicants please confirm the following:
Accommodation proof is not required for Tier 1 application in India.
I am asking this because VFS guys in India are thinking other wise, that is they want accommodation proof with Tier 1 application. (As shown by person in above thread)

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:08 am

Hi,
I have not submitted any evidence. However, I have given an explanation in the covering letter as there were some considerable credits/debits in the account.

cgohil wrote:Hi Ganesh,

Can you please let me know whether u have submitted the source of fund evidence or not?

OR u have submitted only the documents which was asked by BIA and VFS for example-Bank statement,Bank letter or passbook.

Kindly let me know your feedback on the same as I am going to fil my application next week.

Please help.

Thanks
chirag

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:19 am

Thanks for your prompt response.

So u have just mentioned the credit and debit transaction why I am asking is I have transfered my amount from one bank account to another bank account and also I have deposited nearly 1L amount in 3 days time in my bank acccount.

Thats why I am little bit worried about what should I mentioned in cover letter specif to this transactions. or do I need to tell them that I have deposited and transfered this amoutn from one bank account to another account and do i need to justify the source of eveidece for this transfer and submit any document.

Kindly let me know what u have mentioned in ur cover letter for credit and debit transcations.

thanks,
chirag
ganeshptrk wrote:Hi,
I have not submitted any evidence. However, I have given an explanation in the covering letter as there were some considerable credits/debits in the account.

Please help.

Thanks
chirag

coolguyIndia

Status of Visa Application

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:09 am

Hello All,

My query is to all those who have already got passport stamped. I have applied for Tier 1 on 15th May 2008 at VFS North Mumba center. I have been checking status since then on VFS website and it has been showing same status of "Your Application has been forwarded to BHC on 15 May 2008". I called of VFS as well, however they also given me same status. I checked with my employers (2 in my case, current and previous) as well, however no checks made by Integra people. I would like to know if there is any other way to find status of the application and also what are differnt status messsages you guys noticed on VFS website.

Thanks in advance

Have a good day......
Thanks & Best Regards

mashsmp
Newly Registered

Post by mashsmp » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:28 am

I have also applied for Tier 1 on 16th May 2008 at VFS B'ore and it has been showing same status of "Your Application has been forwarded to BHC on 16 May 2008".

Cheers,

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 am

Hi to coolguyindia and mashsmp

Can you please read my question regarding the source of fund evidence for maintanance fund and reply to me.

I just wanted to make sure that what you have submited for maintanance fund. Both of u have submitted only the required documents which are asked by the BIA or u also have submitted the source of fund evidence along with the other required documents.

I appriciate ur prompt response on the same.

thanks and regards,
chirag
mashsmp wrote:I have also applied for Tier 1 on 16th May 2008 at VFS B'ore and it has been showing same status of "Your Application has been forwarded to BHC on 16 May 2008".

Cheers,

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:47 am

Hi,
I sold my property. As a result there were considerable credits into my account, say more 1 lakh. I only mentioned that the credits were as a result of above transaction and even without these funds the maintenance funds requirement is met. I have not provided any Sale Deed document. The fact is, the seller do not get any documents. Only the buyer will get the Sale Deed.

Regards
Ganesh
cgohil wrote:Thanks for your prompt response.

So u have just mentioned the credit and debit transaction why I am asking is I have transfered my amount from one bank account to another bank account and also I have deposited nearly 1L amount in 3 days time in my bank acccount.

Thats why I am little bit worried about what should I mentioned in cover letter specif to this transactions. or do I need to tell them that I have deposited and transfered this amoutn from one bank account to another account and do i need to justify the source of eveidece for this transfer and submit any document.

Kindly let me know what u have mentioned in ur cover letter for credit and debit transcations.

thanks,
chirag

Please help.

Thanks
chirag

iluvuparis

hi

Post by iluvuparis » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:05 am

Hi coolguyindia and mashsmp,
Even i face the same concern.. i applied on 29th May from VFS Chennai. The status is still the same. But when i called VFS, they said Processing takes place usually within 3 weeks.. but it may take few days more as well.. but looking at your dates, i think it will take atleast 2-3 weeks more for me :(

Pls keep posted of your updates.. so that i can calculate my dates from yours!!

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:07 am

Hi Ganesh,

thank you for your prompt reply.
In my case do I need to specify anthing.Do I need to write anything in my cover letter for this transactions.

I need ur suggestion.

Thanks and Regards,
Chirag

I sold my property. As a result there were considerable credits into my account, say more 1 lakh. I only mentioned that the credits were as a result of above transaction and even without these funds the maintenance funds requirement is met. I have not provided any Sale Deed document. The fact is, the seller do not get any documents. Only the buyer will get the Sale Deed.

Regards
Ganesh
cgohil wrote:Thanks for your prompt response.

thanks,
chirag

Please help.

Thanks
chirag

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:18 am

Hey Chirag,

I had shown separate accounts for my salary records and maintenance funds. My maintenance funds account has most of the credit transactions and very few debit transactions and this is becos it is for future requirements and for such visa requirements. For this I just mentioned a brief note in the application cover letter. So I would suggest that just make a note in covering letter. Also I had submitted Passbook and 3 months statement for same account, this was done as my statement was almost 15 days old by the time I was ready to file my application. I submitted passbook with the latest transaction that was just 4 days before application filing.

I hope my reply will be useful to u ...

Regards
CoolGuyIndia
cgohil wrote:Hi to coolguyindia and mashsmp

Can you please read my question regarding the source of fund evidence for maintanance fund and reply to me.

I just wanted to make sure that what you have submited for maintanance fund. Both of u have submitted only the required documents which are asked by the BIA or u also have submitted the source of fund evidence along with the other required documents.

I appriciate ur prompt response on the same.

thanks and regards,
chirag
mashsmp wrote:I have also applied for Tier 1 on 16th May 2008 at VFS B'ore and it has been showing same status of "Your Application has been forwarded to BHC on 16 May 2008".

Cheers,
Thanks & Best Regards