ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heybabyy

Format for DoB / Marriage

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:46 pm

Folks,

I applied for naturalisation in early 06 and expect to hear from DoJ fairly soon. I did applied using the different format (native version) of Date of birth certificate and Marriage certificate. I have a feeling that DoJ might tell me to provide the above information in their acceptable format (with solicitor signature etc). And this may again consume few more weeks/months.

Just wondering if you guys have (and can provide) a standard format for Date of birth certificate and Marriage certificate. Alternatively if you can tell me how/where to get the format. I have already emailed to INIS but don't expect to hear back.

Cheers !!

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:52 pm

if they need it they will send you the template so don't worry

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Thanks for info, I know that they will send me the format if they need.
But what I am asking here is that do any of the forum users have already this standard format (who have been asked by Doj to supply the certificate previously). Submitting these documents in advance makes more sense to me rather than waiting for DoJ to come back asking for them and delaying the naturalisation thing further by 3-4 months.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Guess-Any-Name wrote:Funny thing - they are not mentioning the month any more (like which month's applications they are processing now)

Look at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... 0Residency and they are saying it's taking 18 months. In that respect they are processing applications from Dec 2006? I applied in Sep 2006 and did not hear from them at all...

Anyone on same boat as mine? :oops: :?:
I think you were looking at the wrong link: See here:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Applications for naturalisation received in January 2006 are currently being processed.

HOTSPURS

Re: Format for DoB / Marriage

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Folks,

I applied for naturalisation in early 06 and expect to hear from DoJ fairly soon. I did applied using the different format (native version) of Date of birth certificate and Marriage certificate. I have a feeling that DoJ might tell me to provide the above information in their acceptable format (with solicitor signature etc). And this may again consume few more weeks/months.

Just wondering if you guys have (and can provide) a standard format for Date of birth certificate and Marriage certificate. Alternatively if you can tell me how/where to get the format. I have already emailed to INIS but don't expect to hear back.

Cheers !!
Heybaby,
Although my decision is decades away, i would appreciate a copy of the 'accepted' format of longform birth cert/Marriage cert if you get your hands on it ! Please do update us with what DoJ want at the final stage.

Cheers mate

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:41 pm

Fionn wrote:
Guess-Any-Name wrote:Funny thing - they are not mentioning the month any more (like which month's applications they are processing now)

Look at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... 0Residency and they are saying it's taking 18 months. In that respect they are processing applications from Dec 2006? I applied in Sep 2006 and did not hear from them at all...

Anyone on same boat as mine? :oops: :?:
I think you were looking at the wrong link: See here:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Applications for naturalisation received in January 2006 are currently being processed.
I was talking about LTR...

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Thanks for info, I know that they will send me the format if they need.
But what I am asking here is that do any of the forum users have already this standard format (who have been asked by Doj to supply the certificate previously). Submitting these documents in advance makes more sense to me rather than waiting for DoJ to come back asking for them and delaying the naturalisation thing further by 3-4 months.
OK I will do it in MS Word and send across. I still have the copy.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 am

Guess-any-name

Much appreciated and thanks a mil in advance.

jackab2
Newly Registered

Post by jackab2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:48 pm

News from the irish Independant newspaper.

The findings show immigration was an unspoken factor in the vote, as people expressed concern about the numbers of immigrants coming to the country in such a short time. The rise in unemployment, allied to foreign workers coming to the country, was also cited.

I hope this is not again another reason to slow the process of pending applications. It amazes me how small minded people can get when looking at immigration issues. Think what would happen if just half of the foreign doctors, nurses, engineers left Ireland. Welcome back to the dark ages!!!!!

You will get more bed trolly's in hospital halls, with no nurses to look after the sick, as well as waiting in longer lines for services. You will get Higher costs due to inefficient, unqualified staff. The list could go on and on.

The most maligned and unappriciated is the hard working , tax paying and law abiding immigrant.
Last edited by jackab2 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Ireland will blame everything on immigrants. However I think the issue here is immigrants who are EU citizens and have a right to live and work in Ireland. The media however never distinguishes between EU migrants who are mostly labourers, while non-EU migrants are mostly skilled professionals.

Those who voted No to Lisbon were a distinct demographic i.e. the very same demographic that is competing with Polish construction workers. Interestingly, it was revealed how large this 'demographic' is in Ireland.

jackab2
Newly Registered

Get proactive

Post by jackab2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:08 pm

With the general population unhappy with the influx of semi and or unskilled workers into Ireland, and with the notion of that ALL immigrants are bad for Ireland, we need to highlite our standing in the country.

Any Idea's????????

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Folks,
changing the topic slightly back to the original one on the thread--Does anyone here know of people who applied in Sept, Oct or Nov 2005 and have received the naturalisation certificate after they have sent in the affidavits for birth cert? Just trying to get an idea of how long it takes once you have sent in the documents.

Cheers.

mendo

Post by mendo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:31 am

I've applied in early August 2005 and I sent the birth affidavit in May and I haven't heard anything back since (in the letter, they mentioned that the birth affidavit is the last document that they need and that my application is complete).

P.S I don't expect anything back for another couple of months (not before the end of the year), as far as I know it takes 3 years and 4 months at the moment (it looks that it takes 6 months for the minister to sign the naturalization certificate, after your case was approved by DOJ)
________
GM 122 ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HOTSPURS

Timeline

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:17 am

To think UK processes Naturalization applications in 7 months' time, is agonizing.. But they charge 655 pounds processing fee upfront regardless of a successful application or not..

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:17 am

Leave GBP655, I wouldn't mind paying double of that amount if they can process in 7 months.

It is shocking to hear that they haven't processed for August 2005. "Processing January 2006" means to me that they have already given naturalisation to everyone applied on or before December 2005, otherwise it does not make sense. I think we all are better off to send them "Date of birth" and "Marriage" affidavits in advance so that they are left with no option but to grant naturalisation without asking for anymore documentation. Please anyone who has the format, I would genuinely appreciate if you can forward me a soft/hard copy.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Mendo..thanks for the information..In the letter DoJ sent me asking for my birth and marriage affidavits, they did not specifically mention that the application is complete.
Does anyone here have more of Mendo's experience or that which I encountered.
I am just wondering as to how long I should wait before sending DoJ a letter asking on a status update. If Aug 2005 ppl have not got the naturalisation cert yet I guess I need to wait until at least these people get it. Mine was applied in Nov. 2005.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Leave GBP655, I wouldn't mind paying double of that amount if they can process in 7 months.

It is shocking to hear that they haven't processed for August 2005. "Processing January 2006" means to me that they have already given naturalisation to everyone applied on or before December 2005, otherwise it does not make sense. I think we all are better off to send them "Date of birth" and "Marriage" affidavits in advance so that they are left with no option but to grant naturalisation without asking for anymore documentation. Please anyone who has the format, I would genuinely appreciate if you can forward me a soft/hard copy.
Yes ! Let's not lose any more time in sending the 'acceptable' affidavit..that'll only give them another reason to delay..

ashimashi

any luck?

Post by ashimashi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 pm

guys (hotspurs, heybabyy, others)
any luck with that affidavit form? if yes, could you please send us a copy as well...

HOTSPURS

Re: any luck?

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:22 pm

ashimashi wrote:guys (hotspurs, heybabyy, others)
any luck with that affidavit form? if yes, could you please send us a copy as well...
Nope. Not yet. any help is much appreciated

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:53 am

I haven't recd any format as well. Only the people who have recd it from DoJ can send it to us.

Strongbow - please if you could forward us a copy of birth affidavit and marriage certificate.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:14 pm

Friend of mine got the affidavit form from DOJ. I am trying to get copy from him. Once I have i'll send post it here...

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Many Thanks Pahadia.. much appreciated. folks, what an Irony...check this out...

Skilled migrants needed to protect €50bn section: Group

06/23/2008 - 07:57:34

A body appointed by the Government has said Ireland needs to attract skilled graduates from abroad to ensure the future growth of the information and communications technology sector.

The Expert Group on Skills Needs says highly skilled migrants will be needed to protect safeguard the future of the industry due to a shortfall in Irish graduates.

Meanwhile, it is also recommending incentives to encourage more people to study maths-based subjects at third-level, as well as computing and electronic engineering courses.

The group says the ICT sector is worth €50bn-a-year to the Irish economy, employing 70,000 skilled workers and accounting for one-third of exports.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:56 pm

PM me your email ids and I can send the affidavit format in the next few days.

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:30 am

Please find attached the birth affidavit form, sent by DOJ.
________
Halfbaked
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:13 am

mendo wrote:Image

Please find attached the birth affidavit form, sent by DOJ.
just wondering. i submitted my citizenship application last year with everything(including a copy of my certified brith cert translated by my own government). they sent it back to me saying that the witness form(the one with the solicitor or barrister signature) is wrong but nothing else. just wondering, will the DOJ still ask for the birth affidavit form when they process my application?

thx