ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

? about Residence permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hemangini
Newly Registered

? about Residence permit

Post by hemangini » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:13 pm

hello sir / madam

I m writting this mail behalf of my husband. Actually we are here on workpermit since 2 years and very recently (in mar 2008) my husband got Residence Permit that Limited Leave To Remain and still he is working with the same employer. Now my ? is that can my husband change his employer and change his work in to IT field with international company if he get an opportunity ( on the basis of Residence permit).

Along with that Residence Permit Status, it is also written that Able to work as Authorised bythe secretary of state- what does it mean ? Can u help us to understand its meaning in more detail.

If u can help us to guide in more detail than it would help us to take important decision in Future.

Thanking you

Hemangini

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:15 am

I think that your husband's prospective employer would need to apply for a new work permit for him and your husband would need to apply for a FLR(IED).

See also Change of employment applications
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 am

Hi hemangini,
The Work Permit was issued by the home office for a particular employer and for your husband to undertake a particular role. Any changes must be authorized before by the HO.
It is in your best interest not to change employers until a new work permit has been issued by the HO to the new employer (this may take time and it is important to have the document before resigning or starting working for the new employer).
The married partner of the WP holder would be able to work for any employer.....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)