ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE PLEASE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doctorcm
Newly Registered

ADVICE PLEASE

Post by doctorcm » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:44 am

i am posting on behalf of my friend,he recently got ILR as he had 5 years ork permit with an indian company in uk,now he has gone to india to resign from that company so that he can join a new uk company from july.The indian company is saying that they will write to consulate to cancel the last work permit visa and work permit,they are not aware that my friend got ILR now.PLZ advice whether he will face any problem at port of ntry when is trying to come back with his ILR visa.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:49 am

The long and short answer to your query is: NO.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 am

The employer is required to inform the Home Office regarding changes, for example your friend resigning is a change. The employer is following the requirements of the WP.
If they are using this as a threat then is an empty one, there is no effect as the ILR has been granted already, your friend does not depend on the WP or the employer (if the ILR has been stamped on the passport.....)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)