ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed (quite urgent) on FLR FP Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

torte02

Advice needed (quite urgent) on FLR FP Extension

Post by torte02 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello!

I'm currently on the FLR FP visa (10-year parent route) and it expires on May 23, 2019. I'm working and my employment contract expires on April 2, 2019. My work has agreed to extend my contract but only until May 23, 2019 because of my visa. I got a letter (from work to support my extension) confirming that I work for this company and subject to visa renewal, my contract will be renewed.

I intend on submitting my extension end of April 2019. What are my chances?

If HO takes over 6 months to give me a response, what happens to my working rights?

Please advise! TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice needed (quite urgent) on FLR FP Extension

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:37 pm

If you submit an extension application in time before your current visa expires, your rights and visa conditions continue under Section 3C of the Immigration Rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:37 pm
If you submit an extension application in time before your current visa expires, your rights and visa conditions continue under Section 3C of the Immigration Rules.
So my work contract won't affect the HO decision? Should I send work the link you posted above?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pm

So my work contract won't affect the HO decision?
No it should not.
Should I send work the link you posted above?
I didn't post a link, but see below.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/77/section/3C

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pm
No it should not.

Thank you. I'll do my best and ask work to extend my work contract until my visa expires.

I wanted to ask - regarding payment on the online application, do I get the option to pay only online? Or are there alternative payment arrangements? Like postal order?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:43 am

torte02 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:41 am
CR001 wrote:
No it should not.

Thank you. I'll do my best and ask work to extend my work contract until my visa expires.

I wanted to ask - regarding payment on the online application, do I get the option to pay only online? Or are there alternative payment arrangements? Like postal order?

TIA
If you apply online, you have to pay online as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

torte02

Post by torte02 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:43 am
torte02 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
No it should not.

TIA
And they don't accept paper application anymore...? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:21 am

torte02 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 am
CR001 wrote:
torte02 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

No it should not.

TIA
The paper forms were withdrawn in November and archived and no longer coming up in a google search so not sure if you can still use them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... form-flrfp
Char (CR001 not Casa)

torte02

Post by torte02 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:21 am
torte02 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 am
CR001 wrote:
torte02 wrote:

TIA
The paper forms were withdrawn in November and archived and no longer coming up in a google search so not sure if you can still use them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... form-flrfp
Thank you for prompt reply. I have another question. Since my FLR FP was granted on the basis of parent, can I submit my children's expired british passport? Hubby and I have four children, all born here. The first two have a passport; the eldest's expired, the second's will expire in November 2019. The youngest two don't have a passport, only UK birth certificates.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:43 pm

A passport is just a travel document. There is no requirement to hold a valid passport as a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

torte02

Post by torte02 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:43 pm
A passport is just a travel document. There is no requirement to hold a valid passport as a British citizen.
Thank you. I have another question. Do I need to give another English test? I have an IELTS that I used to support my first application (spouse visa in 2011). I re-submitted that on my spouse visa extension (can't remember the year but it would have been between 2012 and 2015) and ILR in 2016.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:55 am

I have an urgent question please.

I'm filling up the online application form for FLR (FP) (10-year parent route, first extension). My husband has another child from his previous (first) marriage and she is in London. Although they talk (not on a regular basis), their relationship is still a work-in-progress. Now the online application form asked if my partner has another child in the UK. Of course, I said yes. But now it's asking for the child's birth certificate. I'm not sure the daughter of my husband (she's over 25 now), will be willing to send a copy of her birth certificate. It's also asking for proof of address for the mother. I don't think that they'll be willing to provide such documents.

What do I do?

torte02

Post by torte02 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:29 am

Somebody please reply...I really need advice...thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 01, 2019 8:47 pm

torte02 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:55 am

I'm filling up the online application form for FLR (FP) (10-year parent route, first extension). My husband has another child from his previous (first) marriage and she is in London. Although they talk (not on a regular basis), their relationship is still a work-in-progress. Now the online application form asked if my partner has another child in the UK. Of course, I said yes. But now it's asking for the child's birth certificate. I'm not sure the daughter of my husband (she's over 25 now), will be willing to send a copy of her birth certificate. It's also asking for proof of address for the mother. I don't think that they'll be willing to provide such documents.

What do I do?
Some members in past faced same difficulty and used a covering letter and told that truth to HO then eventually were succeeded.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:18 am

seagul wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:47 pm
torte02 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:55 am

What do I do?
Some members in past faced same difficulty and used a covering letter and told that truth to HO then eventually were succeeded.
Thank you for replying. I'll write a covering letter.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 pm

I have another question please. If you read above, you'll know that I was granted the FLR FP on the parent basis even though I'm still married to my husband and we are in a relationship. My husband's ILR is on an old passport and his second passport has expired. Does it matter if his passport is expired or should it be a current / valid passport for my extension?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu May 16, 2019 7:22 pm

torte02 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 pm
I have another question please. If you read above, you'll know that I was granted the FLR FP on the parent basis even though I'm still married to my husband and we are in a relationship. My husband's ILR is on an old passport and his second passport has expired. Does it matter if his passport is expired or should it be a current / valid passport for my extension?

Thank you.
Just keep both passports together or if he has few spare pounds & patience then can apply for transferring it to BRP card for extra piece of mind.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 am

seagul wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:22 pm
torte02 wrote:

Thank you.
Just keep both passports together or if he has few spare pounds & patience then can apply for transferring it to BRP card for extra piece of mind.
So the fact that he doesn’t hold a current valid non-British passport won’t affect my extension for FLR FP?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 17, 2019 3:20 pm

torte02 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 am
seagul wrote:
torte02 wrote:

Thank you.
So the fact that he doesn’t hold a current valid non-British passport won’t affect my extension for FLR FP?

Thank you.
Applicant & sponsor's passport must be valid (unexpired) at the time of application.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:20 pm
torte02 wrote:
seagul wrote:
torte02 wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you.
Applicant & sponsor's passport must be valid (unexpired) at the time of application.
Is my husband my sponsor though? I’m applying on parent route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 17, 2019 5:21 pm

torte02 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:37 pm
seagul wrote:
torte02 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thank you.
Check the checklist and it if asks to provide your partner's passport then still it need to be valid regardless whether he is sponsor or not. HO don't consider any expired document of regardless type.

torte02

Post by torte02 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:21 pm
torte02 wrote:
seagul wrote:
torte02 wrote:

Thank you.
Check the checklist and it if asks to provide your partner's passport then still it need to be valid regardless whether he is sponsor or not. HO don't consider any expired document of regardless type.
I just did. Mandatory documents are to be my passport and resident / biometric card. Other documents (for my husband) says Evidence of Mr xxxx's immigration status in the UK.

His ILR is on the old passport. Will that negate the requirement of a valid passport for my husband?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm

torte02 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:32 pm
seagul wrote:
torte02 wrote:
seagul wrote:

I just did. Mandatory documents are to be my passport and resident / biometric card. Other documents (for my husband) says Evidence of Mr xxxx's immigration status in the UK.

His ILR is on the old passport. Will that negate the requirement of a valid passport for my husband?

ILR never expired even the passport expires but why he is not renewing his passport which is mandatory for many purposes such as travelling, everyday banking etc

torte02

Post by torte02 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm
torte02 wrote:
seagul wrote:
torte02 wrote:

ILR never expired even the passport expires but why he is not renewing his passport which is mandatory for many purposes such as travelling, everyday banking etc
It expired in November 2018 and honestly we didn’t think of renewing because we know we won’t be travelling anytime soon (with 4 kids it’s quite difficult). He uses his driving license as ID for identity check purposes. Now I’m worried HO will not accept this extension.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 17, 2019 9:30 pm

torte02 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm
torte02 wrote:
seagul wrote:

It expired in November 2018 and honestly we didn’t think of renewing because we know we won’t be travelling anytime soon (with 4 kids it’s quite difficult). He uses his driving license as ID for identity check purposes. Now I’m worried HO will not accept this extension.
Don't risk in not renewing the passport. He maybe lucky who hasn't been asked for valid passport because many identity checks strictly need passport only.