ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for tier 2 visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PDevapal
Newly Registered
India

Processing time for tier 2 visa extension

Post by PDevapal » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:55 am

Hi,
1) How much time is required for processing a standard tier 2 visa extension under the new system? I have heard that earlier it used to be 8 weeks for standard ( not priority) applications but is there any change with the introduction of the new system since November 2018?
2) Is the time calculated from the payment of fees or from when biometrics are done?
3) How long does it usually take to get the BRP delivered if the application is successful?
Thanks.

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Re: Processing time for tier 2 visa extension

Post by Fatimajafri » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:00 am

1) No change, it still says 8 weeks for Standard Service
2) From Biometrics
3) You can check the timeline for In-Country Applications. It is taking 8 weeks on average as far as I can see

PDevapal
Newly Registered
India

Post by PDevapal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Please.... Anyone who has applied from UK through Standard (non priority) new service for tier 2 extension and has received a decision, kindly share the timeline. I have an urgent requirement to visit my home country in the end of March , it has now been only been 3 weeks since I submitted my biometrics, so I am still undecided about whether I will be able to travel (as it would be only 6 weeks after applying by end of March). Most posts in "In country tier 2 extension timeline" seem to be about either the old system or priority service. Urgent....Kindly help!

sumal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sumal » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Sorry to break this to you but you won't get it on time IF you used the new system and regular service.

I applied on Jan 28th 2019 via the new system (gave biometrics this day).
Its been more than 6 weeks for me and I have not got either a confirmation or my BRP.
Assuming you applied after me, you would naturally get it after me, so maybe 6-8 weeks from now.

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by knorval » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:21 pm

I'm also wondering about the timelines...it's been 7 weeks for me on the new standard service! Did you receive yours in the end??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.