ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

feivourite
United Kingdom

Tier 2 to ILR Sponsorship

Post by feivourite » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the immigration rules for Tier 2 to ILR, and one of the points is below

(c) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant’s last grant of leave must:
(i) still hold a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in the relevant category, or have an application for a renewal of such a licence currently under consideration by the Home Office;

My Employer hold this sponsorship licence till when my current visa expires (July 2019), I'm planning to apply for my IRL in May 2019, my question is do they need to extend their licence or provide me another CoS for my ILR application?

Many thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Sponsorship

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm

feivourite wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm
Hello everyone,

I have been reading the immigration rules for Tier 2 to ILR, and one of the points is below

(c) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant’s last grant of leave must:
(i) still hold a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in the relevant category, or have an application for a renewal of such a licence currently under consideration by the Home Office;

My Employer hold this sponsorship licence till when my current visa expires (July 2019), I'm planning to apply for my IRL in May 2019, my question is do they need to extend their licence or provide me another CoS for my ILR application?

Many thanks
They can extend the licence three months before it expires if they want to. Otherwise, they can let it run down if they are not planning to sponsor any worker after your ILR. You can apply for your ILR in May 2019 since the licence will still be valid. There is no COS for ILR. You will, however, need a letter of support from your employer confirming your job title, salary and SOC Code, absences and also state that you will be needed for the foreseeable future. In my opinion, it might be safer for them to renew the licence before you apply for ILR. It's totally up to them
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Sponsorship

Post by feivourite » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm
feivourite wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm
Hello everyone,

Many thanks
They can extend the licence three months before it expires if they want to. Otherwise, they can let it run down if they are not planning to sponsor any worker after your ILR. You can apply for your ILR in May 2019 since the licence will still be valid. There is no COS for ILR. You will, however, need a letter of support from your employer confirming your job title, salary and SOC Code, absences and also state that you will be needed for the foreseeable future. In my opinion, it might be safer for them to renew the licence before you apply for ILR. It's totally up to them
Thanks so much for this! I will double check with my employer :)

feivourite
United Kingdom

Tier 2 to ILR Qualifying period

Post by feivourite » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi all gurus,

I applied for my first Tier 2 visa in 2013 but got refused.

Long story short:

2013 Refused Tier 2
2013 - 2014 Appealing
2014 Appeal allowed
May 2014 granted Tier 2 for 2 months till July 2014 (as my original CoS has expired during the appealing process, so they granted me 2 months leave to re-apply)
August 2014 - granted tier 2 to July 2019

So I've had 2 Tier 2 visas, one was temporary, one was for 5 years.

I'm just wondering when I can start applying my ILR? Would my first Tier 2 visa count towards my 5 years period?

Many thanks!

feivourite
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Qualifying period

Post by feivourite » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:57 am

Please can someone help with this? I’m not sure why it’s posted within this old post as well...

quote=feivourite post_id=1751828 time=1551891741 user_id=204129]
Hi all gurus,

Long story short:

2013 Refused Tier 2
2013 - 2014 Appealing
2014 Appeal allowed
May 2014 granted Tier 2 for 2 months till July 2014 (as my original CoS has expired during the appealing process, so they granted me 2 months leave to re-apply)

I'm just wondering when I can start applying my ILR? Would my first Tier 2 visa count towards my 5 years period?

Many thanks!
[/quote]

feivourite
United Kingdom

Update salary in SMS

Post by feivourite » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 am

Hi all gurus,

We have just realised my employer has never updated my salary in the SMS over the last 6 years.. Im about to apply for my ILR now, I'm just wondering if that would get me into trouble? Would pay slip alone be sufficient enough? My worry is also if we update it now in the SMS it would be too close to the application time, and this would seem like a red flag to the HO suddenly there seem to be a salary change even my salary was last increased in January.

Please can anyone advise what's the best to do here?

Many thanks

feivourite
United Kingdom

Re: Update salary in SMS

Post by feivourite » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi guys (Particularly the admins...)

Just some thoughts here regarding the posting rules.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this is a forum for people to post questions and get involved with other people's posts, and everyone is desperately look for some knowledge to be shared and help for applications. I don't quite understand the rule of not starting new topics? If I tag my new posts to my old posts, the newest one will be right down the bottom, from a user experience point of view this really doesn't help me getting any help from the other users here.

By not being able to start new topics the titles of my posts can't be updated either.

No one likes to read a long page of previous posts which is irrelevant in order to find / work out the new topics, comments and answers in one long seemly irrelevant post... having a rule of a few different questions, topics, combined in one post, does that really make sense? Can I just ask the reason behind this rule?

I guess my point is that people are just trying to get help here but why making it more difficult than it needs to be?

I personally find I'd get much better responds and help when I started a new topic with my new question each time.

Does anyone else share the same frustration?

Thanks for reading, sorry a bit irrelevant of visa issues.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 pm

I will quote the relevant forum rule, in place since 2005, which explains it given that you don't seem to want to click the links that have previously provided about multiple posts/topics.
Kayalami wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 pm
The moderators appreciate that members/users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single question or topic (related grouping e.g. your naturalisation application, ILR application, etc.) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unnecessarily.

Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation). This helps people to get a view of your immigration history, details etc. under one topic and helps them to answer your queries better.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to merge, lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification.

If you persist to create new threads despite a warning, you will be banned and your IP blocked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Post by feivourite » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Thank you. Noted.

Could you maybe help with my latest question posted in this topic please?

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 pm
I will quote the relevant forum rule, in place since 2005, which explains it given that you don't seem to want to click the links that have previously provided about multiple posts/topics.
Kayalami wrote:
The moderators appreciate that members/users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single question or topic (related grouping e.g. your naturalisation application, ILR application, etc.) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation). This helps people to get a view of your immigration history, details etc. under one topic and helps them to answer your queries better.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to merge, lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification.

If you persist to create new threads despite a warning, you will be banned and your IP blocked.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:35 pm

As far as I am aware, normal annual company wide salary increases do NOT have to be reported on SMS. It is only when you specifically get one outside of the normal increase cycle that it has to be reported.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Post by feivourite » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:41 pm

Thank you for this. If I ask my employer to report this salary change since January, would the date be noted as January or would it be recorded as now which is March? My ILR application is in May. I'm just concious any changes made now on SMS would seem even MORE of a red flag, as the change wasn't sent to SMS when it's been made...
CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:35 pm
As far as I am aware, normal annual company wide salary increases do NOT have to be reported on SMS. It is only when you specifically get one outside of the normal increase cycle that it has to be reported.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Post by feivourite » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Can anyone help with either of these issues? I'm really worried about my situation now as my employer has not updated the info in the SMS since I joined.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:22 pm

feivourite wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:55 pm
Can anyone help with either of these issues? I'm really worried about my situation now as my employer has not updated the info in the SMS since I joined.
was the salary increase in January only for you? Did you need the salary increase to meet the requirement for ILR ?
These are some of the questions you need to answer. However, to answer your question, I will suggest you ask your employer need to update the sms. Ideally, the update should have been done earlier but it's better to do now than ignore it.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Post by feivourite » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Djsuccess,

Thank you for your reply.

It was an increase just for me and it was based on my performance, but as well as meeting the requirements for my visa. So it was increased after a review of my performance, but it has been increased just to 35,800 which is the visa requirements as well.

Would that be a massive red flag too? I'm honestly so worried, but I don't know what else I could have done, I feel like Im doing all I can to meet the requirements but they can still reject for any reasons...

Please help... thank you

Djsuccess wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:22 pm
feivourite wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:55 pm
was the salary increase in January only for you? Did you need the salary increase to meet the requirement for ILR ?
These are some of the questions you need to answer. However, to answer your question, I will suggest you ask your employer need to update the sms. Ideally, the update should have been done earlier but it's better to do now than ignore it.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Qualifying period

Post by feivourite » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Can anyone please help me with my question below? CR0001? Zimba?
feivourite wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:02 pm
Hi all gurus,

Long story short:

2013 Refused Tier 2
2013 - 2014 Appealing
2014 Appeal allowed

Many thanks!

feivourite
United Kingdom

Bank statements

Post by feivourite » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:13 am

Hi all,

I have 3 different bank accounts, one with my main bank for all my salary payments and normal daily uses. I also opened an account last year to try and use another bank, but only used it once or twice. I have a Monzo account for just some daily expenses as well. My question is do I have to provide bank statements for all these bank accounts or just the main one for the ILR application?

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Bank statements

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 am

Quite a vague question unless you mention your visa category. Some categories dont require any bank statements at all.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Post by feivourite » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:47 am

Sorry, it's Tier 2 to ILR, SET(O) form.

I presume only the one that's got my salary payment is required? What if I close those bank accounts other than my main one before applying? Would that be ok not to submit the bank statements of those accounts?

thank you!
tier11417 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 am
Quite a vague question unless you mention your visa category. Some categories dont require any bank statements at all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Kayalami wrote:

Char (CR001 not Casa)

feivourite
United Kingdom

Post by feivourite » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:48 am

Sorry!! Forgot about this again.

Can you advise on this questions?

Many thanks
CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
Kayalami wrote:

sacbmth
Brazil

Post by sacbmth » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:00 pm

feivourite wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:47 am

I presume only the one that's got my salary payment is required? What if I close those bank accounts other than my main one before applying? Would that be ok not to submit the bank statements of those accounts?

thank you!
tier11417 wrote:
You only need to send the bank statement of the account your salary is getting paid to.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Post by feivourite » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Thank you!

sacbmth wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:00 pm
feivourite wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:47 am

thank you!
tier11417 wrote:
You only need to send the bank statement of the account your salary is getting paid to.

feivourite
United Kingdom

Set O Question

Post by feivourite » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:09 pm

In Set O there's a question about National identity card. Does anybody have a 'National identity card/number?'

I do have this in China, but I don't have it with me, do I need to provide this document if I select yes?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set O Question

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:09 pm

feivourite wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:09 pm
In Set O there's a question about National identity card. Does anybody have a 'National identity card/number?'

I do have this in China, but I don't have it with me, do I need to provide this document if I select yes?

Thanks
It is not required. Simply tick no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

feivourite
United Kingdom

Re: Set O Question

Post by feivourite » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Cheers again CR001!
CR001 wrote:
feivourite wrote:

Thanks
It is not required. Simply tick no.