ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 incorrect documents submitted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GriffinTaimer
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK Tier 2 incorrect documents submitted

Post by GriffinTaimer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:53 am

I had applied for a UK Tier 2 general visa on 22nd march 2019. However soon after biometrics I noticed that I had submitted an incorrectly dated offer letter.

I had been offered a role on Jan 29th and my employer later realised that they had to perform a resident labour market test, so my offer was put on hold and I had to retake the test with other candidates. I took the test and got the job offered once again. However while submitting the proof of employment I inadvertently submitted the offer letter dated 29th January 2019, which is way before the RLMT was performed.

This gives the UK home office a legitimate reason to refuse my visa, which I don't want to happen. So last night as a last ditch measure I cancelled my visa application by requesting for a refund (knowing fully well that I won't be getting any money back).

Now I want to know can I reapply for the visa using the same CoS number and when will the consulate return my passport and other documents submitted during biometric process? Any help will be much appreciated, I am really down and in dire need to help and guidance. :cry:

GriffinTaimer
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: UK Tier 2 incorrect documents submitted

Post by GriffinTaimer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:14 am

Update on the above. I visited the Visa application centre in Bengaluru and filled the UKVI Visa withdrawal form with a cover letter stating that there are multiple issues in the application and that I would like to withdraw the application. I was advised that it will take 5 working days for me to get the passport back so that I can re apply. Hopeful that I have done the right thing.