ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 Dependent Job Status in case of Job loss of Tier 2 General primary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ldam
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 2 Dependent Job Status in case of Job loss of Tier 2 General primary

Post by ldam » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:00 pm

As known Tier 2 General dependent can work, what will happen to dependent Job in case Tier 2 General primary loses Job?

Can dependent continue the current Job which he/she is working and Tier 2 General primary stay in UK till he/she gets another Tier 2 General sponsor? Is it possible to make dependent as primary as he/she is in Job?

Pls provide in detail info :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Tier 2 Dependent Job Status in case of Job loss of Tier 2 General primary

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:42 pm

As known Tier 2 General dependent can work, what will happen to dependent Job in case Tier 2 General primary loses Job?
Nothing. A dependents job is not dependent on the Tier 2 sponsor.
Can dependent continue the current Job which he/she is working and Tier 2 General primary stay in UK till he/she gets another Tier 2 General sponsor?
Yes.
Is it possible to make dependent as primary as he/she is in Job?
If the dependent can get sponsorship, an RCoS, RLMT passed and applies from home country for a visa, then yes it is possible.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Tier 2 Dependent Job Status in case of Job loss of Tier 2 General primary

Post by ldam » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks for your response :) So then does the dependent needs any visa from an employer or the BRP card is auto enabled to work for any employer?

Is the BRP card validity not tagged to the CoS date? Cos if primary applicant loses his Job his CoS also will become invalid rite. In that case based on what the family is allowed to stay in UK? If based on employment of dependent then how it works?

Also If Tier 2 General primary alone working and loses his Job then is it like the family should leave UK within sometime?

Sry for two many questions. Hope the answer will help us to understand things better 8)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

So then does the dependent needs any visa from an employer or the BRP card is auto enabled to work for any employer?
She can work for anyone on the PBS Dependent visa.
Is the BRP card validity not tagged to the CoS date?
Linked to the main tier 2 visa holder.
Cos if primary applicant loses his Job his CoS also will become invalid rite.

Irrelevant to your dependent.
In that case based on what the family is allowed to stay in UK? If based on employment of dependent then how it works?
Your completely confusing things and two different sets of immigration rules. If the PBS Dependent visa is NOT curtailed, nothing changes and the PBS Dependent can continue working while you, the main Tier 2 visa applicant, finds another sponsor etc.
Also If Tier 2 General primary alone working and loses his Job then is it like the family should leave UK within sometime?
See my comment above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:05 am

tnx CR001 for your opt response.

Trying to understand precisely... When Tier 2 Sponsored company decides to cease the employment of Tier 2 sponsored worker, they will report to UKVI via the SMS which triggers the curtailment process. And Tier 2 sponsored worker will get 60 days time from receiving the curtailment letter, In that time he can try to search for another Tier 2 Sponsor if fails need to leave UK along with dependent at the end of 60 days. Is my understanding correct?

In this case, the curtailment period of 60 days is applicable to PBS Dependent also even though the dependent has Job? What will happen if the Tier 2 sponsored worker (primary) is unable to find a sponsor within 60 days - Sud both primary and dependent leave UK after 60 days?

You have mentioned "If the PBS Dependent visa is NOT curtailed, nothing changes and the PBS Dependent can continue working while you, the main Tier 2 visa applicant, finds another sponsor etc." - As the PBS Dependent visa period is same as primary tier 2 general visa holder. When primary receives curtailment of 60 days is that not applicable to dependent also? Did you meant PBS Dependent can continue working till that 60 days of primary curtailment period?

I tried to put all my confusions above :roll: Hope am not messing up further :x Thanks in advance for your patience in reading this long post :)

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Can someone pls clarify the above :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Trying to understand precisely... When Tier 2 Sponsored company decides to cease the employment of Tier 2 sponsored worker, they will report to UKVI via the SMS which triggers the curtailment process. And Tier 2 sponsored worker will get 60 days time from receiving the curtailment letter, In that time he can try to search for another Tier 2 Sponsor if fails need to leave UK along with dependent at the end of 60 days. Is my understanding correct?
It is usually only the main PBS migrant whose visa is curtailed. You have the 60 days to find a new sponsor and apply for a visa. If you don't find a sponsor and have to leave, your dependents will also have to leave.
In this case, the curtailment period of 60 days is applicable to PBS Dependent also even though the dependent has Job? What will happen if the Tier 2 sponsored worker (primary) is unable to find a sponsor within 60 days - Sud both primary and dependent leave UK after 60 days?
Your dependents job is irrelevant to any curtailment process. See comment above.
You have mentioned "If the PBS Dependent visa is NOT curtailed, nothing changes and the PBS Dependent can continue working while you, the main Tier 2 visa applicant, finds another sponsor etc." - As the PBS Dependent visa period is same as primary tier 2 general visa holder. When primary receives curtailment of 60 days is that not applicable to dependent also? Did you meant PBS Dependent can continue working till that 60 days of primary curtailment period?
See my comments above about main PBS visa holder being curtailed. PBS can continue working in the time of YOUR curtailment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks a lot CR001 for your detailed response. I appreciate it and am completely clear now 8)