ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How are the openings in UK for Java? Please suggest

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vk_uk
Newly Registered

How are the openings in UK for Java? Please suggest

Post by vk_uk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 am

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, I came to hear this is really a good forum.

I would like to apply Tier1 application, I started maintaining funds. I have 3 years of experience in Java technologies. But now I am in confusion :? about the openings in UK. Because one of my friend went to UK two months ago, he has not got settled down yet. Even he is not getting much calls.

How about consultancies? If I go through them, would they be able to make us to settle down earlier? I have got a consultancy named “iEffectâ€

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:47 am

I am working in the UK since the past 2 years as a sw engg. I was deputed from India and hence didn't have to go thru the pain of searching jobs.

Your agent is taking you for a ride. You would have to be very luck and brilliant at your job to earn 40K+ pa (you pay the tax and NI 30%). Only the finance sector here is very well paid. Why don't you apply for T1 and then post your resume on job sites and check the calls you get.

Unlike India you would require 3 - 4 months to get a good job. it is difficult to sustain without a job in this country. Unnecessarily you would be landing up doing part time unskilled job to support your self then.

-H

jhp

Post by jhp » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 am

I have been working in the UK for more than 3 years now.

In my personal opinion its not worth coming through a consultant. It is possible to work for a consultant , contract and get around 3-4 K per month but USUALLY (I stress usually) they do pay you around that much but they give you some dodgy payslips which gives you a salary of around 1000 a month, with the remaining paid as expenses or allowances to avoid taxes. You might want to inquire about this with your consultant.While it seems to be a good idea to do that, note with those payslips you wont qualify for Tier1 within the UK.This autumn they are also introducing stricter rules for work permits so it will get tougher to switch jobs with a work permit.

Getting a permanent job in the UK is tough, tougher when your trying to get a workpermit as well. The interviews can get rigourous. Ive heard (I have no experience with this) that its easier to get contracting jobs. A SCJP and previous UK experience defnitly helps.

While these are how it is usually , obviously it can be different in your case. In my opinion its best to apply and get a Tier 1 if you have a good chance of getting it and keeping the job with the consultant as a last resort.

Hope this helps..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:35 pm

No offence, but this should have been posted here since the query is regarding employment rather than Tier 1 / HSMP.

Can the moderators please move this to the appropriate forum.

regards

vk_uk
Newly Registered

Post by vk_uk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks for you quick response.

I will be moving this topic to appropriate forum.

VK.