ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum criteria for General Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunderera

Minimum criteria for General Tier1

Post by thunderera » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi,
I'm on a work permit and planning to apply for general tier1. From the initial 75 marks I'm getting exactly 75. Do you think if its possible to get approval if the minimum criteria is satisfied? I have all original documents in order but unsure about this. Greatly appreciate any comment.

Thanks,
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:05 pm

All you need is to get 75 points + meet the english language requirements + meet maintenance funds requirements. Getting more than 75 points *does not* enhance anybody's chances of being approved.

Please read the Tier 1 policy guidance.

regards

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Hi,Thanks a lot for the reply. The guidelines are bit unclear. Also I got some more questions if some one can clarify.

I'm earning exactly 35K so will I get the 40 points for 35-35999 salary band? Because with that Im getting exactly 75 points.

My university and degree course is in the list of institues mentioned in the self asses tool. I got it certified from UK NARIC also. Do i require a letter from the University mentioning its done in english?

Many Thanks in advance,
raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:50 pm

thunderera wrote:I'm earning exactly 35K so will I get the 40 points for 35-35999 salary band? Because with that Im getting exactly 75 points.
Check through self-assessment tool to see how many points you get for exactly 35K earnings. Simple!
thunderera wrote:My university and degree course is in the list of institues mentioned in the self asses tool. I got it certified from UK NARIC also. Do i require a letter from the University mentioning its done in english?
Make sure that under the *english requirement section* the self assessment tool displays a message on screen that you meet the english language requirements based on your qualifications. Don't asssume that if university / qualification is listed in the *qualification section* of the assessment tool, it will automatically be listed in the *english language section* as well. If the tool throws up a message that you do not meet the english requirements through the qualification(s) you have selected, the you will have to take one of the approved exams. A letter from University is of no use for Tier 1 applications.

regards

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi raj,

There is a minimum requirement ogf 75 points so you don't have to worry about it. It doesn't matter if someone has scored 95 points or more. You have to score at least 75 points for Attributes and 10 points each for English Language requirement and maintenance.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:15 am

Hi,
Thanks for all who commented on. It cleared most of the doubts I had. I got all the documents necessary and got the min score required. So gonna apply this week and keep fingers crossed. :lol:

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi,
I got another may be silly question. On section 2 D. Immegration History it asks about entry clearance/visa. I switched my work permit to another company inside UK so my current visa I got in country. So when it asks about entry clearance should i give the old visa references here?

Also is it necessary to give ticket booking references? I have been here for two years now so I have lost these details.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Raj

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:03 am

If you submit all your passports (old and new) then you do not have to fill in this details. I suggest all passorts should be attached.
thunderera wrote: Also is it necessary to give ticket booking references? I have been here for two years now so I have lost these details.
Raj

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:11 am

Yes, old visa refrences. The visa on which you entered.
thunderera wrote:So when it asks about entry clearance should i give the old visa references here?

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi,
Yes I'm attaching all my passports. So I dont need to refer to my current visa number and dont need to fill in which air line i came or ticket booking?
It makes things better because i dont think no one can remember on which flight you came after 1 or 2 years. :lol:

Thanks,
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 pm

If you read the form carefully, you will note that you need to fill in these travel details only if you are not enclosing your current and/or previous passport with the application.

If only you read the form carefully while you fill it up :lol: :lol:

regards
thunderera wrote:Hi,
Yes I'm attaching all my passports. So I dont need to refer to my current visa number and dont need to fill in which air line i came or ticket booking?
It makes things better because i dont think no one can remember on which flight you came after 1 or 2 years. :lol:

Thanks,
Raj
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hafiz.mustafa
Newly Registered

Post by hafiz.mustafa » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:45 pm

thunderera wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Raj
Yes sushdmehta is right. if you select option "No" in question D5 then you can jump to question D11 so no need to give all travel details if all passports are available.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:20 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the help in advices. Posted the application today and now keeping the fingers crossed. When its applied within UK, any idea how long it will take? :?

Thanks,
Raj