ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resume for UK Job search

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adils

Resume for UK Job search

Post by adils » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Netacct, or any one who is working in the UK IT market,

Can you please tell us about the Resume formats, how should it look like, how many pages and projects should it hold, how should we need to prepare it to get an impression from the employer to secure an interivew?

Normally we will have our resumes not less than 10 pages and 10 projects, but in lots of articles we read that it should be very precise as much as possible with very less/ or few projects only.
UK jobholders have to suggest us.
It wil be helpful for the guys who are searching for Job in the UK.

Your help is highly appreciated guys.

ADIL

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 am

1. Your resume shouldn't be more than 2 pages.
2. Stick to the point in resume.
3. Explain in detail about last job and briefly about previous job.
4. cv sample is somewhere on this forum, so you need to find it.

If you need a help in building your resume then contact professional CV builder service otherwise I suggest you are an HSMP and you should make your own impressive CV (can't you?)

Good luck
Kaff

junior

Re: Resume for UK Job search

Post by junior » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:31 am

Can you please tell us about the Resume formats, how should it look like, how many pages and projects should it hold, how should we need to prepare it to get an impression from the employer to secure an interivew?
If you are from India (which I am assuming you are), look for a sample professional CV made by naukri.com. They do offer professional resume building service specifically for the UK IT market. Google it and you will find one.

Regards,
Junior

adils

Post by adils » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Kaff wrote:1. Your resume shouldn't be more than 2 pages.
2. Stick to the point in resume.
3. Explain in detail about last job and briefly about previous job.
4. cv sample is somewhere on this forum, so you need to find it.

If you need a help in building your resume then contact professional CV builder service otherwise I suggest you are an HSMP and you should make your own impressive CV (can't you?)

Good luck
Thanks Guys,

It's not a matter that I can't build a CV, what matters is that " what type of format will be attracted to the UK employers, and how long should it be?since I don't know their polocies being sitting in the U.S."
Yes , I am from India, currently in Columbus on Onsite assignment from Indian Employer.

Take Care,
ADIL

junior

Post by junior » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:30 am

what matters is that " what type of format will be attracted to the UK employers, and how long should it be?since I don't know their polocies being sitting in the U.S."
What do you mean by the above? there is no particular/specific format which will be attractive for the UK employers...also please note there are no framed policies when it comes to CV writing.

As I said earlier do a google for the sample UK IT market CV by naukri.com ppl. Hope this helps.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Two of the top ten hits I got at google, search string:

cv format britain information technology

Here are several examples to study:

- http://www.technical-resumes.com/examples.html

Here is a decent site with a lot of resources. Searching will be required:

- http://techrepublic.com.com/

Search strings like:

CV format UK
resume Britain technology
resume format Britain IT

Which can also be used directly in google.

Two pages is standard length. Font size should not be smaller than 11 points, although discreet use in particular sections of 10 pt generally doesn't offend.

You can go to three pages, but you better analyze what you are presenting to be absolutely sure that third page is necessary. Long CV's tend to get skimmed and trashed.

That third page is better invested in a solid covering letter.

Simple, concise, easy to read & skim layout, intuitive presentation of information ... all these things tell your prospective employer that you have a clue.

In IT, these considerations are fairly universal across the world.

I'll point out that someone in IT who can't use the google to find this (and much better) information would leave me at a loss to consider seriously for nearly every IT job I can imagine. Rapid and precise use of google (and all search engines) is an essential, assumed skill in any IT capacity these days.

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom