ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with 1 week validity on visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Travelling with 1 week validity on visa

Post by smuk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:01 am

My Tier 2 visa is expiring on 03 May 2019. Also, my wife's - dependent visa expires on the same date.
We have to travel due to an urgent family reason. We will be returning on 25 April 2019. My employer has approved for this leave. And they will also provide a letter stating they wish to extend my contract for another year or two.

After our return, I will immediately apply for ILR. I will be eligible to apply ILR via both routes from following dates:
LR - 20 April 2019 &
5-year route - 02 May 2019 (after taking into consideration 28 days rule.)

1) How likely we will be grilled/stopped at the airport due to visa validity of just 1 week. Kindly advise what sort of document we should carry? And should I be contacting any lawyer/solicitor just in case we got into any trouble?

2) Which route I should choose to apply for ILR - LR or ILR via 5 years after my return.

Thank you for your knowledge.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling with 1 week validity on visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:05 am

1. If you have a valid visa and your employer has assigned a CoS for your extension, then there is no issue. You are perhaps overthinking.

2. Your choice. If you apply for ILR LR, your dependents have to switch to FLR(M) and meet the English and financial requirements. Their clock for ILR will be reset to zero and a new 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas) before they can apply for ILR based on 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by smuk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:59 am

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Probably I am thinking too much.

Do my employer have to assign new CoS even if I will apply for ILR after return?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:08 am

Oh yes, if you are asked any questions on returning (which is unlikely), simply state you qualify for ILR and will be submitting an application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:20 pm

My humble opinion is to state you have an assigned COS - which you need to hold the details on your return. It is neither here nor there if you intend to apply for ILR and that type of discussion is more difficult than saying you have a COS.

smuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by smuk » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:23 am

Thank you all.

I have returned back without any question asked. I like Heathrow terminal 2. :D