ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW - APPLICANTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravib

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW - APPLICANTS

Post by ravib » Thu May 29, 2008 4:08 am

Hi All,

Those all who have applied for an Administrative review ( after refusal of EC ) , please share your experiences here ..

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Re: ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW - APPLICANTS

Post by ravib » Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 am

Hi ,

I have applied for EC on 8-Apr-2008 . My EC is rejected on 13-may-2008 .The reason is 2800 pounds not maintained for 3 months.

I have sent administrative review form on 20-May-2008 . Yesterday I have received a call from VFS . They told that they received message from BHC, Chennai and asked me to submit at VFS , Hyderabad all my original documents , which I have submitted during my EC application.

I am going to submit the documents on 2-Jun-2008.

How much time it takes to take a decision and return my original documents...

senior members : any idea.

Regards
Ravi

Tibu

hello.

Post by Tibu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:31 am

Any senior members... Please advice.... what would the time taken if we are going on for administrative review with this regards....

Tibu

Post by Tibu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:10 pm

ALso one more thing
i was rejected on the basis of Maintenance. Can i add a new evidence of the recent Bank statements. Hoping to see some replies...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Learn to use the search tool. The information you are looking for is already available.
Anyhow, see this.

And have you read the administrative review notice / form on the VFS website?? Suggest you do it.

regards
Tibu wrote:ALso one more thing
i was rejected on the basis of Maintenance. Can i add a new evidence of the recent Bank statements. Hoping to see some replies...

fatimabanu
Newly Registered

Admin Review

Post by fatimabanu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi ravib

can you tell me whether the vfs guys gave you a time limit for you to send the documents again? or you have to send them immediately?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Any updates on your EC yet??
ravib wrote:I have sent administrative review form on 20-May-2008 . Yesterday I have received a call from VFS . They told that they received message from BHC, Chennai and asked me to submit at VFS , Hyderabad all my original documents , which I have submitted during my EC application. I am going to submit the documents on 2-Jun-2008.
regards

fatimabanu
Newly Registered

Post by fatimabanu » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi,

I submitted my transitional arrangement application from India on the 5th of May and received a refusal on the 28th of May due to maintenance. I applied for a review on the 9th of June. I called them yesterday and they said that the decision has been sent by post. Since they've reached a decision so quickly I am assuming that it has been rejected again.

I had shown multiple accounts for my maintenance and they overlooked one of the statements. So let's see if they consider it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:40 pm

fatimabanu wrote:I had shown multiple accounts for my maintenance and they overlooked one of the statements.
If that was the reason for refusal, I believe you should hear good news this time around.

All the best.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi fatimabanu,
I was wondering how did you come to know that they overlooked one of your bank statements? Did they mention something to that effect in the refusal letter?

fatimabanu wrote:Hi,

I submitted my transitional arrangement application from India on the 5th of May and received a refusal on the 28th of May due to maintenance. I applied for a review on the 9th of June. I called them yesterday and they said that the decision has been sent by post. Since they've reached a decision so quickly I am assuming that it has been rejected again.

I had shown multiple accounts for my maintenance and they overlooked one of the statements. So let's see if they consider it.

fatimabanu
Newly Registered

Post by fatimabanu » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:17 am

Hi hsmp1412,

In the refusal reason he mentioned that you have provided the statements for only 2 months and not 3 months. Whereas I had submitted the statement for over 6 months. but it was divided into 2 . there were 2 statements covering the entire period. And they even returned the photocopy of that page with my passport. Now if they insist that i havent submitted it , then i can't do anything about it. In fact the VFS checked all the documents to see whether i had submitted more than 3 months.

fatimabanu
Newly Registered

Admin Review accepted

Post by fatimabanu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:09 am

Hi everyone,

:D
I got my admin review decision on saturday. It has been approved and I was told to submit the passport for visa stamping. So admin review actually works if it's their fault. Great forum. thanks a lot.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:19 am

Congrats fatimabanu!

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:44 am

Hello,

My application also got rejected due to maintenance funds as ECO considered transaction dates on my bank statement instead of statement period and balance brought forward. My notice also states that my application has been rejected due to General Grounds for Refusal (GGR), however, no reason has been specified under GGR. After stating point that my application has also been considered under GGR the next line states Administrative Review.

I would appreciate if you let me know ur case is same as mine, I am planning to go in for Admin review sometime next week for sure. However, I am worried as no reason has been specified for GGR.

Thanks in advance.
ravib wrote:Hi ,

I have applied for EC on 8-Apr-2008 . My EC is rejected on 13-may-2008 .The reason is 2800 pounds not maintained for 3 months.

I have sent administrative review form on 20-May-2008 . Yesterday I have received a call from VFS . They told that they received message from BHC, Chennai and asked me to submit at VFS , Hyderabad all my original documents , which I have submitted during my EC application.

I am going to submit the documents on 2-Jun-2008.

How much time it takes to take a decision and return my original documents...

senior members : any idea.

Regards
Ravi
Thanks & Best Regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:32 am

My application also got rejected due to maintenance funds as ECO considered transaction dates on my bank statement instead of statement period and balance brought forward.
Can you post the exact text which is printed in your letter? (after hiding the details of course). If you could share the above information exactly, future applicants will benefit from such information.
I am worried as no reason has been specified for GGR.
You could try emailing the embassy for knowing the general ground of refusal for which your application was refused. Use the email of consulate where you applied:
visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk, Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk,
Visaenquiry.Kolkata@fco.gov.uk, bombay.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk

In the email, you can ask them that you want to file an Admin review and it is not clear from Refusal notice what the GGR are. Also mark the subject of email as URGENT, as they(BHC) tend to take time for replying to emails, and such marking will give it faster attention. Also I have noticed that Chennai BHC will give fastest reply, Delhi BHC will take infinite time to reply (except urgent matters).

Last redundant point: VFS guys wont be of any help here, so involving them would be fruitless.

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:53 am

Hello,

Thank you for replying. I alread mailed them and provided my details and text of the letter.. the good news is that I got reply from them statis that my application is rejected only on the basis of Maintenance Funds and NOT on GGR basis.

I will be applying for AR in next week.

Regards
CoolestGuyC wrote:
My application also got rejected due to maintenance funds as ECO considered transaction dates on my bank statement instead of statement period and balance brought forward.
Can you post the exact text which is printed in your letter? (after hiding the details of course). If you could share the above information exactly, future applicants will benefit from such information.
I am worried as no reason has been specified for GGR.
You could try emailing the embassy for knowing the general ground of refusal for which your application was refused. Use the email of consulate where you applied:
visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk, Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk,
Visaenquiry.Kolkata@fco.gov.uk, bombay.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk

In the email, you can ask them that you want to file an Admin review and it is not clear from Refusal notice what the GGR are. Also mark the subject of email as URGENT, as they(BHC) tend to take time for replying to emails, and such marking will give it faster attention. Also I have noticed that Chennai BHC will give fastest reply, Delhi BHC will take infinite time to reply (except urgent matters).

Last redundant point: VFS guys wont be of any help here, so involving them would be fruitless.
Thanks & Best Regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:04 am

Best of Luck :D

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 am

Hi coolguyIndia,

Could please let us know what proofs did you show for fund maintenance?

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Dear Manu345,

I had submitted a statement from 1st Feb to 30th April 2008, as usual in time bound statements, balance brought forward is printed for the first date and then subsequent transactions shown in the time period of the statement. Thsi bank account of mine is absoluetly used for future savings only and there are no debit transactions in this. I had 3 transactions (22nd Feb, 4th April and 5th April). So Case Worker considered 22nd Feb as starting date and 5th April as the last date and this is clearly short of three months, mind you I had sufficient balance forward on the 1st Feb itself. Further more to stengthen my case I had submitted bank passbook that was updated on 11th May 2008 (my application date was 15th May) and on this date as well I had sufficient funds.

In my admin review I will clearly mention the above and point out the mistake of ignoring the statement date period and considering first and last transaction date as the period of maintenance funds.

My only hope is that they accept this mistake (which is clearly shown).

WHOEVER IS READING THIS MAKE SURE YOU GUYS HIGHLIGHT ALL IMPORTANT DATES AND TRANSACTIONS ON ALL BANK STATEMENTS.

Regards

Manu345 wrote:Hi coolguyIndia,

Could please let us know what proofs did you show for fund maintenance?
Thanks & Best Regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:07 pm

You have a very strong case and this is clearly a mistake on Case Worker's part.

I am amazed by this foolish government's stupid case workers , who don't even know how to read bank statements !!

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 pm

I discount this as an human error, I really hope they accept this as a mistake and overturn their decision in my favour.....

Regards
CoolestGuyC wrote:You have a very strong case and this is clearly a mistake on Case Worker's part.

I am amazed by this foolish government's stupid case workers , who don't even know how to read bank statements !!
Thanks & Best Regards

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi,

Anybody having idea about how much time it takes, incase, visa refusal decision is overtunred. e.g. generally how much time they give to submit passport and visa stamping period?

kck9
BANNED

Re: Admin Review accepted

Post by kck9 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:33 pm

fatimabanu wrote:Hi everyone,

:D
I got my admin review decision on saturday. It has been approved and I was told to submit the passport for visa stamping. So admin review actually works if it's their fault. Great forum. thanks a lot.
hello fatima,

can u pls let me knw for which visa you applied for review...is admin review only for HSMPvisas...

I am want to appeal the decision of HSMP dependant....can some one let me know the procedure...

Thank you

fatimabanu
Newly Registered

Post by fatimabanu » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:38 pm

I had applied for transitional tier1 visa. Review should be applicable for all categories I guess. I applied for a review on 9th June. I received my letter on the 20th of june. submitted my passport on the 30th of june and received it on 2nd July.