ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel document (Certificate of travel)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mac385
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Travel document (Certificate of travel)

Post by mac385 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 am

Hi all
I applied for a certificate of travel and it has been denied. Reason being i did not apply for one and therefore i was not denied or rejected access to a passport.

My problem is i cannot even apply for the Zimbabwe passport which is my country of birth because they need me to have a Zimbabwe ID and Zimbabwe birth certificate just to be able to get the opportunity to apply.

I however do not have these documents with me having left Zimbabwe 15 years ago at age 18 and at that point my mother kept those documents which she has now misplaced after she relocated to Australia.

All my family is now based in Australia. So i can't even ask somebody to get me those documents.

Now to my question after the long rant. Is there a way to appeal the decision as i cannot see one on the document they sent me or am i screwed basically and have to live with the H.O's decision and say bye bye to my £280.
Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel document (Certificate of travel)

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:29 pm

You must show that you’ve formally applied for and been unreasonably refused a passport by authorities in your country, unless you have permission to be in the UK as a refugee or stateless person. Otherwise they cannot grant you the travel document as you do not seem to be a refugee or a stateless person
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Djangoo
Newly Registered
Monaco

Post by Djangoo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:31 pm

What did you mean by "I didn't apply for one" ?
What was the matter?

Garry20g
England

Post by Garry20g » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi mac385
Do you got travel document?

123VoVo
Newly Registered
Bhutan

Post by 123VoVo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:23 am

Garry20g wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 pm
Hi mac385
Do you got travel document?
Did you get acknowledgement letter ?