ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Super Priority Delay (No Complex Issues Letter)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moeribi
Newly Registered
Libya

ILR Super Priority Delay (No Complex Issues Letter)

Post by Moeribi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi Experts,

I recently applied for SET LR, I have shared my timeline in the timeline topic, copying the text below. Adding to the below, I contacted my MP office on Wednesday and they advised the MP received a call from UKVI, the discussion was confidential however the key words I understood from the phone call is it looks like there is a particular department within UKVI that has issues/blockers, which is impacting plenty of applications, no forecast of when the blocker will be shifted or if anything being done at the moment to resolve. I was advised that nothing can be done but wait, they did highlight that there is no issue on my application otherwise my MP office would have known about it by now.

My query is are you aware of any particular issue within UKVI? Perhaps a department having too much backlog or there is a wait for a High Court hearing (or anything from this nature). I'm not really sure what other means to use other than escalating to the MP!! Will contacting a lawyer likely result in better chances of expedited decision?

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any light you can shed on this. Thank you.

TIMELINE:

15th Feb: Super priority service appointment (Cardiff)
24th Feb: Received a letter from Home Office dated 21st February saying they expect to make a decision on my case by 21st May. No mention of complex circumstances in the letter
25th Feb: I e-mailed the complaint department for the delay
26th Feb: Escalated to my MP
14th March: MP wrote the Home Office a letter asking them to action. He advised that he gathered from the MP hotline that there is no further information needed for my application and it was simply left with a pile of other applications waiting to be processed
14th March: I posted a complaint letter to the Home Office
21st March: Received an e-mail from the complaint department in response to my e-mail on 25th Feb. They advised that they are making enquiries with other government agencies and so far this is not complete yet.
25th March: I received a letter from the complaint department acknowledging the receipt of my letter posted on the 14th. It was a general letter with nothing specific to my application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Super Priority Delay (No Complex Issues Letter)

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:38 pm

There is already a super priority service topic as you are already aware, where such queries should be posted.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... l#p1751337

I can't see where you have posted what your full UK immigration status is that qualified for ILR long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Moeribi
Newly Registered
Libya

Re: ILR Super Priority Delay (No Complex Issues Letter)

Post by Moeribi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi CR,

Would you like me to divert to the other topic or continue and see if you can help in here? To answer your question my previous visas are as follows:

06/01/2009 entry in UK with a Tier 4 Visa
Remained with Tier 4 until October 2014
From October 2014 until now I have been on Tier 2 visa
So in total it's 5.5 years on Tier 4 and 4.5 years on Tier 2

Thank you very much.