ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FOR NON-EU NATIONALS WITH ROR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sundazed_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FOR NON-EU NATIONALS WITH ROR

Post by sundazed_ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi!

I currently hold residency documentation valid for 5 years on the basis of being a dependant of an EEA national. My mother was married to a Portuguese national for 7 years, but they got divorced and after she informed the Home Office she applied for a residency permit again and got retained right of residence valid for a further 5 years (although it still mentions the EEA national on the document. We have been in the UK for over 10 years. Both of our residence documents have to be renewed later on this year, but I've been reading that they will stop being valid after sometime in 2020. We would now like to apply for the EU settlement scheme. Is anyone in a similar situation? Has anyone with ROR completed the process and was successful? What type of documents need to be provided if you are a non-eea citizen but hold a residence permit? Also, would I need to apply with my mother (I am 21, soon to be 22 at the end of the year) or could I apply alone?

Thanks!