ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW TO APPLY FOR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME IF YOU HAVE RETAINED RIGHT OF RESIDENCE?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sundazed_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HOW TO APPLY FOR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME IF YOU HAVE RETAINED RIGHT OF RESIDENCE?

Post by sundazed_ » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:31 pm

I've been trying to complete the form online, but the only options to choose from are you either have a permanent residence card or ILR. I have residence permit that is valid for 5 years and has to be renewed later on this year. I am a non-EEA national, but my residence permit before the one I have currently was based on me being a dependant of an EEA national. My mother has retained right of residence through her own time here in the UK, which is also the same for me as we applied for it after she informed the Home Office of the change of circumstances. How do I go about applying for the EU settlement scheme if I have ROR? I am 21, can I apply independently? Or do I need to mention my mum on my application? If not, who would be my sponsor? We have no contact whatsoever with her ex-husband, have no idea where he is or where he lives.

Romy88
Ukraine

Re: HOW TO APPLY FOR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME IF YOU HAVE RETAINED RIGHT OF RESIDENCE?

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Your mum will be your sponsor. You will upload evidence of relationship (birth certificate) and her ID.

sundazed_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: HOW TO APPLY FOR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME IF YOU HAVE RETAINED RIGHT OF RESIDENCE?

Post by sundazed_ » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:12 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:38 pm
Your mum will be your sponsor. You will upload evidence of relationship (birth certificate) and her ID.
Is that also the case if she is a non-EEA national who just holds a residence permit but on the basis of retained right of residence? I've been trying to apply online but the form only lets me put countries that are part of the EEA as her nationality, which is not case.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:19 pm

Apologies. I missed the point that you mum is non-EU. In this case you will have to use your sponsor's details who you are/ were dependant and due to who you obatained ROR. Your sponsor has to have EU passport/ ID.

sundazed_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sundazed_ » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:19 pm
Apologies. I missed the point that you mum is non-EU. In this case you will have to use your sponsor's details who you are/ were dependant and due to who you obatained ROR. Your sponsor has to have EU passport/ ID.
Ah, okay! Thank you very much for clarifying that!

Do you think it would be a problem since we have no contact with him or have any clue about where he is? Apart from his details like name, date of birth, etc, we have no address for him.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:47 pm

Well... while completing the form online you can use his details such as name, date of birth. You will be asked to provide the address. Probably you can use your address or his last address even if he doesn't live there any more. Also you will have to provide any evidence of RELATION with this person (adoption certificate or something that shows how you were related to this person). If you were already eligible for ROR it means that last time when you applied under this category you provided some type of evidence of relationship, didn't you?

K1 de altimate
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by K1 de altimate » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:27 am

If you already have confirmation of ROR, you need to download the paper PR form as the online form is not for your category yet and again you cannot apply on your own. It has to be you and your mum together under the same roof and I hope you perform your treat right since you got your ROR otherwise you will have no right to stay in the UK

For the ex EU ID, is part of the requirements now and if you can't get then you will need explain it through appeal which many people have won

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 am

K1 de altimate wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:27 am
If you already have confirmation of ROR, you need to download the paper PR form as the online form is not for your category yet and again you cannot apply on your own. It has to be you and your mum together under the same roof and I hope you perform your treat right since you got your ROR otherwise you will have no right to stay in the UK

For the ex EU ID, is part of the requirements now and if you can't get then you will need explain it through appeal which many people have won
You are not rights. See extract form gov.uk:

You may be able to apply if you used to have a family member living in the UK. This is called a ‘retained right of residence’.

If you’re eligible because you have retained rights of residence, you can apply using the online service.