ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for child born in uk to indian parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aranjan
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for child born in uk to indian parents

Post by aranjan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi,

I and my wife are staying in UK for the last one year on Work Permit.
My baby was born 6 months back in uk.
I have my baby's indian passport made in HCI, London

Now, do I need to get my baby's dependent visa stamping to leave to india ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Yes, if the child is traveling and will return to UK with you. See this discussion.

If the child is not traveling (unlikely), then you do not need to make an immigration application for leave to remain for him (Section 4a - Children born in the United Kingdom who are not British Citizens and Annex P - General guidance).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aranjan
Newly Registered

Post by aranjan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:47 am

Fine.

I understand that visa is required for my baby while entry. But is visa required just to leave UK ?
I am asking this as there is very little time for me to get her visa before we plan to leave. Once we're in india, we are planning to get it done.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:02 am

No, it is not necessary to have visa to leave UK

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:58 am

If you intend to leave the UK on holiday or a short break and then return the IO will allow you and your baby in once, but will warn you to get a dependancy visa, within 6 weeks or so. This was the case 2years ago wife my wife and daughter returning to the UK.
Good luck.

aranjan
Newly Registered

Post by aranjan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:23 pm

so, can i bring my wife and child back to UK thinking that my child would be allowed to enter once, after which I can do her visa stamping within 6 weeks?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:22 am

A child born in the United Kingdom who is not a British Citizen is subject to immigration control.

AFAIK, you will have to either apply for leave to remain before you travel to your home country or apply for entry clearance at the BHC in your home country before you return to UK. Read 14.7 - Children born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 but who are not British Citizens ( Rules Paragraphs 304 and 305 )

regards

aranjan
Newly Registered

Post by aranjan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:42 pm

what is a BHC and is visa stamping required after reaching UK?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:22 am

BHC = British High Commission.

regards

aranjan
Newly Registered

Post by aranjan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi,

So does it mean that would only be valid for the entry and I will have to get the visa stamping after that.

Ajay

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:53 pm

aranjan,

Simply put, you have one of two choices. Either you get the visa for your child in the UK before you leave or you get the visa in India before your child attempts to come back to the uk.

If you do neither, then the chances are your child will not even be allowed on the plane in India unless it has perhaps a visit visa.