ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric evidence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acvfe25
Newly Registered
United States of America

Biometric evidence

Post by acvfe25 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:18 pm

I (non-EEA citizen) applied for presettlement on Saturday on the basis of living here with my EU spouse, who already received presettled status during the test phase. I arrived in the UK a couple of weeks ago, so I don't have a Biometric Residence Card.

In the application portal, I selected document verification via post (given that scanning with an app wasn't an option with my US passport). After uploading my supporting documents, I was instructed to schedule a biometrics appointment. I paid the £100 for a same day appointment at a Sopra Steria center and had my biometrics taken and my passport verified that afternoon. The process took about an hour with most of that time spent waiting. The staff at the center seemed confused about the process and said that they weren't expecting the scheme to be open until Monday 1 April. They told me that they weren't sure if they were meant to verify my passport in addition to taking the biometrics, but were doing it anyway just in case.

However, even after completing the biometrics enrollment, my application in the Home Office portal still says that I need to schedule a biometrics appointment before the approval process can begin. I called the helpline about this and they said that they can see the biometrics already. They said that my application will be transferred to a caseworker and I should expect a decision or follow up via email in 1-2 weeks.

I asked if I would still need to post my passport for verification (as the Home Office instructions indicated before I applied), but they told me it may not be necessary after all. I guess we'll see what happens.

Mileman
Argentina

Biometric evidence

Post by Mileman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:38 pm

acvfe25 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:18 pm
I (non-EEA citizen) applied for presettlement on Saturday on the basis of living here with my EU spouse, who already received presettled status during the test phase. I arrived in the UK a couple of weeks ago, so I don't have a Biometric Residence Card.

In the application portal, I selected document verification via post (given that scanning with an app wasn't an option with my US passport). After uploading my supporting documents, I was instructed to schedule a biometrics appointment. I paid the £100 for a same day appointment at a Sopra Steria center and had my biometrics taken and my passport verified that afternoon. The process took about an hour with most of that time spent waiting. The staff at the center seemed confused about the process and said that they weren't expecting the scheme to be open until Monday 1 April. They told me that they weren't sure if they were meant to verify my passport in addition to taking the biometrics, but were doing it anyway just in case.

However, even after completing the biometrics enrollment, my application in the Home Office portal still says that I need to schedule a biometrics appointment before the approval process can begin. I called the helpline about this and they said that they can see the biometrics already. They said that my application will be transferred to a caseworker and I should expect a decision or follow up via email in 1-2 weeks.

I asked if I would still need to post my passport for verification (as the Home Office instructions indicated before I applied), but they told me it may not be necessary after all. I guess we'll see what happens.
Which centre did you go to?
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

Casa
United Kingdom

Biometric evidence

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:42 pm

acvfe25 wrote:

Your post has been moved to your own topic from the member's thread you had tagged your question onto. This is not only unfair to the other member but also causes confusion. Please continue to post here.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

crucifiks
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Re: Biometric evidence

Post by crucifiks » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:12 pm

acvfe25 wrote:

Hi, I am just wondering, except passport, have you brought any other supporting documents with you? (Anything that you have uploaded as evidence when submitted your application for the settlement scheme)
Thank you.

acvfe25
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Biometric evidence

Post by acvfe25 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Additional information: I went to the Birmingham center and didn't bring any documents besides my passport because nothing else was requested by the processing center.