ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Questions.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa Questions.

Post by zainie786 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Question 1.
In the email confirmation from Online Visa Application, I got the following info;
If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU

However, reading online it looks like there is a new process. Does this email mean that the new process doesn't apply, or it is only for US applications, or means nothing until we get instructions at Biometrics.

If the new process does apply, im in a bit of a dilemma, as i havent got enough time to send all the documents to my wife in India prior to her appointment, and i cannot scan in everything as there is more than 350 pages.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Spouse visa Questions.

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:17 pm

zainie786 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:10 pm
Hi all
rather than pollute the forum with multiple questions and timelines, i thought it better to consolidate into one. Timeline here, questions below.
Online Application - 31st March 2019
Biometrics - (booked for 6th April 2019) (Hyderabad India)
Documents Submitted -
Documents Recieved -
Documents Returned -
Progress Email -
Decision Email -
Passport Collected -
There is already an India TIMELINE ONLY topic for timelines!!

immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... 1-460.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa Questions.

Post by zainie786 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Yes, but i thought it would be better to have Timeline and all related questions in one place. Please advise if incorrect.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa Questions.

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:28 pm

zainie786 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:25 pm
Yes, but i thought it would be better to have Timeline and all related questions in one place. Please advise if incorrect.
The problem is, with a heading stating anything relating to TIMELINE, some members think it is for everyone to post and then it becomes a ridiculous topic (yes, annoyingly, many think this is ok). Hence I changed your topic heading and directed you to the timeline thread, to post your timelines.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:28 pm
zainie786 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:25 pm
The problem is, with a heading stating anything relating to TIMELINE, some members think it is for everyone to post and then it becomes a ridiculous topic (yes, annoyingly, many think this is ok). Hence I changed your topic heading and directed you to the timeline thread, to post your timelines.
Many thanks for that. and thanks for all the work you do on here, majority of info on this board has you involved in some way.

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:05 pm

zainie786 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm
Question 1.
In the email confirmation from Online Visa Application, I got the following info;
If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU

However, reading online it looks like there is a new process. Does this email mean that the new process doesn't apply, or it is only for US applications, or means nothing until we get instructions at Biometrics.

If the new process does apply, im in a bit of a dilemma, as i havent got enough time to send all the documents to my wife in India prior to her appointment, and i cannot scan in everything as there is more than 350 pages.
Question 2, at the time of online application, i have recieved my payslip for March which is part of the file. However i do not have a statement showing this pay, as i havent recieved it yet. Does this have to be supplied (waiting for statement) or will it work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:07 pm

You need to submit the bank statement which corresponds to each payslip. Not submitting could result in a refusal.

Go into the bank and ask for a statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Got the new bank statement. So documents all good.
New problem.
My wife went to the Hyderabad VFS appointment this morning.
They repeatedly asked her for documentation and she said that I will be submitting at their office in the UK. They said this is not possible and she needs to come back when she has all documents. They then got her to leave without completing anything at all.
My wife was very confused so she called me, but they wouldn’t let her call until after she left. They also wouldn’t let her back in.

Obviously they have made a mistake here as their own website says differently. It won’t let me create an account on the VFS website, and the Visa4Uk site won’t let me book a new appointment.

I’ve told my wife to go back when they open on Monday and show them their own website as well as the guidance information on the Visa4Uk website.

Am I right that they are wrong or is there something I’m overlooking? Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to solve it?

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Sorted today with a walk in appointment. Mrs was given barcode seperators but no other information. Planning to go to VFS London day after tomorrow to submit documents

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:33 pm

zainie786 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:01 pm
Sorted today with a walk in appointment. Mrs was given barcode seperators but no other information. Planning to go to VFS London day after tomorrow to submit documents
Well done Zainie786, This is good to know we can do walk in appointments.
Where did you submit applicants passport, In VFS Hyd or London? Please advise.
Did you submit applicants passport photo? if yes, where?
I will be applying to my wife next week through VFS Hyd as well, please advise if are any precautions to be taken.
Good luck for your application.
Thanks in advance.

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:51 pm

We can, there is a charge of 3000 ruppees. They still needed to see the original booked appointment. It’s first come first serve, so approx 2 hour wait for the Mrs
Where did you submit applicants passport, In VFS Hyd or London? Please advise

Passport goes to Hyd, Passport copy needs to be in the pack of documents.

No

I will be applying to my wife next week through VFS Hyd as well, please advise if are any precautions to be taken.

Don’t expect the centre to know anything about the process, they are useless, giving wrong advise multiple times.
Afternoon is better for London submission as they are less busy. Be prepared to wait a while though, I waited 1 hour.
Have your documents in order.
Save £75 by scanning in Hyderabad as this is free at the time of biometrics.
Take photocopies of everything to avoid paying £20 return fee, otherwise prepare to wait additional 2 hours for them to physically scan.

Thanks in advance.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:39 pm

zainie786 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:51 pm

We can, there is a charge of 3000 ruppees. They still needed to see the original booked appointment. It’s first come first serve, so approx 2 hour wait for the Mrs
Where did you submit applicants passport, In VFS Hyd or London? Please advise

Passport goes to Hyd, Passport copy needs to be in the pack of documents.

No

Don’t expect the centre to know anything about the process, they are useless, giving wrong advise multiple times.
Afternoon is better for London submission as they are less busy. Be prepared to wait a while though, I waited 1 hour.
Have your documents in order.
Save £75 by scanning in Hyderabad as this is free at the time of biometrics.
Take photocopies of everything to avoid paying £20 return fee, otherwise prepare to wait additional 2 hours for them to physically scan.

Thanks in advance.
Thank you very much for quick reply. very helpful..
"Save £75 by scanning in Hyderabad as this is free at the time of biometrics. " what do you mean by this statement. Did you scanned all supporting documents at VFS hyd for free at the time of biometrics is it? Please advise.

Thanks

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 pm

If you trust Hyderabad to scan your documents, your spouse can do this on the day of the appointment for no additional charge.
I didn’t trust them and I had all the documents, so we scanned here.
You still need to take the signed biometric form to Hyderabad regardless of of scanning there or not. Passport is necessary too, however nothing else is.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Thank you very much.
I agree, still worth to scan docs in UK , as sponsor have better idea about documents isnt. It looks like they stopped scanning at vfs India as well,since they introduced to submit docs at scanning centers across UK.

'signed biometric form' is same as online application form filled on visa4UK website? or is there any different biometric form? Please Advise

Many Thanks in Advance.