ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Tier 4 Dependant Visa Refused - should i file AR or fresh application ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dineshanand750
Newly Registered
India

Urgent: Tier 4 Dependant Visa Refused - should i file AR or fresh application ?

Post by dineshanand750 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Hello all, me and my wife applied together from India for our visas. My wife's Tier 4 General Visa was successful (for postgraduate course) however, i was refused entry clearance as her dependent.
Refusal reasons are:-

"In assessing your individual application, it has not been necessary to interview you, but i have taken account of
1. the financial and employment information as declared by you on your application form
2. your passport information
3. your family circumstances and
4. the supporting documents you provided.

The Decision

As evidence of relationship you have provided indian marriage certificate. No evidence or explanation has been provided of how your relationship came about. The fact you have demonstrated your marriage took place, does not act as independent corroboration you are in subsisting marriage. I would expect to see:
  • An explanation and/or evidence of how your relationship came about
  • Date stamps in your sponsor's passport to demonstrate how many times your sponsor has visited you since your relationship began, an for how long on each occasion
  • phtographs of you together taken at your wedding and possibly at events with other family and friends
  • Evidence of maintaing contact whilst in separate countries via telephone or online
the evidence you have provided is insufficient. i therefore am not satisfied that your relationship is subsiting, that you intend to live with your sponsor throughout his stay in the UK or that you do not intend to stay in UK beyond any period of leave granted to your sponsor. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 319C(d), 9(e) and (f) of the immigration rules"

i had submitted only passport, fund evidence,letter from my recent employer, my income tax returns, my educational qualifications and marriage certificate in support of my application. I am not sure, should i go for Administrative review or file a new application with extra documents such as our wedding photographs and maybe affidavits from respected members of our society confirming our marriage is subsisting. Also, our marriage was arranged so not sure how do i provide evidence of that.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

gayanidias15
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

No any update from tier 4 visa

Post by gayanidias15 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:47 am

I m also in a bit similar situation which is really really traumatising.
I applied for a tier 4 dependant visa from Sri Lanka since my husband is a tier 4 phd student at the University of Manchester. I applied on 2nd March and got confirmed that decision is made by 7th March.

But I am seriously traumatised since i still haven't received my passport nor my documents nor any refusal notices or anything.

Iam really scared of what is going on and im sorry to barge in with your situation.