ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (O) - confirmation of documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR SET (O) - confirmation of documents

Post by spybadshah » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Hello,
I need to apply for ILR using SET (O) form online for my wife as she has completed 5 years as dependant - i am British already. Previously, paper forms used to have a guidance notes explaining what documentation is required but for some strange reason, there is no guidance on documents required for the new online application.

As I complete the new form, all it ask is that,
1. Applicant passport
2. Life in the UK pass notification
3. English Language pass certificate
4. Evidence of immigration status in the UK - I am not sure what this means as BRP is seperately stated
5. Declaration signed by Applicant for verification checks
6. Current BRP

No photograph either...!

Further as the consent, it ask for contacting the bank or utility providers but didnt ask for any statements, minimum balance, payslips, address proof, utility bills, etc. Do I need to provide any of these and if so for how what duration?

Do I need any other documents as part of my application? e.g. my passport copy (British passport) or originals etc. I while ago I had read that HO doesn't want to same documents repeatedly if you have provided them previously for visa applications / extentions.

If bank statements are required and I provide just her statements (not joint account) do I need consent form? Or its better to provide joint account statements and council tax to show we live together?

I would appreciate any responses and apologies if this information already exist on this board.

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET (O) - confirmation of documents

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:59 pm

spybadshah wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 pm
Hello,
I need to apply for ILR using SET (O) form online for my wife as she has completed 5 years as dependant - i am British already. Previously, paper forms used to have a guidance notes explaining what documentation is required but for some strange reason, there is no guidance on documents required for the new online application.

As I complete the new form, all it ask is that,
1. Applicant passport
2. Life in the UK pass notification
3. English Language pass certificate
4. Evidence of immigration status in the UK - I am not sure what this means as BRP is seperately stated
5. Declaration signed by Applicant for verification checks
6. Current BRP

No photograph either...!

Further as the consent, it ask for contacting the bank or utility providers but didnt ask for any statements, minimum balance, payslips, address proof, utility bills, etc. Do I need to provide any of these and if so for how what duration?

Do I need any other documents as part of my application? e.g. my passport copy (British passport) or originals etc. I while ago I had read that HO doesn't want to same documents repeatedly if you have provided them previously for visa applications / extentions.

If bank statements are required and I provide just her statements (not joint account) do I need consent form? Or its better to provide joint account statements and council tax to show we live together?

I would appreciate any responses and apologies if this information already exist on this board.

Thanks,
What is your wife’s visa category? What was your visa category before you got BC?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spybadshah » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:43 am

My wife is currently on PBS Tier1 Dependant, hence using SET O form. I was on PBS tier 1 general visa when she arrived here first

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:27 pm

You will need cohabitation documents also for the last 2 years. Follow this:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.PDF

There is no maintenance or income requirement on SET(O).

You need consent forms for verification checks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spybadshah » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks Tier 11417,
I am not sure where did you find the information about providing evidence for cohabitation for 2 years? I read the document using the link and it just ask to ensure we are in genuine and subsisting relation and intend to live together permanently. I am not sure how that can be proved. Is the council tax bill with joint name for last 3 years sufficient to provide the proof of this along with bank statements of the applicant for last 6 months confirming the address.

I also found the link for paragraph 319E which applies to my application

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... #pt8family

Further I called the call centre to check if I was being stupid and not finding guidance notes but they told HO removed it and they have requested them to put them back again but HO havent done anything yet. Advisor also told me that I should ideally submit only those documents asked as per the online application checklist but I am not confident with that. I will submit documents as required previously (for my ILR application and previous extention for my wife) and hopefully Sofra guys can help me determine exactly what should be sent when I go to the appointment.

Anyone who applied recently, does Sofra guys advise you if they think any documents are missing from your application and give you an opportunity to get those documents before application?

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 pm

You need cohabitation documents to prove you have been in a subsisting relationship. A couple documents have to be in joint names. Others can be in your wife’s name and your name separately. 6 documents for every 3/4 months covering 2 year period. Joint accounts, mortgage papers, tenancy agreement, council tax bill, nhs letters, tv license, gas/electricity/water bills etc etc.

Farooqdr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Farooqdr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 pm

I am also need to know these questions.
Please update the post what you did? Also if you help me in dates calculation, I will be very thankful. Did you calculated the 5 year period from the Visa issue date or entry date to the UK. My dependents Issue date is 12/5/14 and entry is 19/6/19 so what will be earliest date to apply for ILR.

Farooqdr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Farooqdr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Sorry the entry date is 19/6/19.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Farooqdr wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 pm
I am also need to know these questions.
Please update the post what you did? Also if you help me in dates calculation, I will be very thankful. Did you calculated the 5 year period from the Visa issue date or entry date to the UK. My dependents Issue date is 12/5/14 and entry is 19/6/19 so what will be earliest date to apply for ILR.

Not sure what you are looking for when you already have been advised by CR001.

Please carry on in your own topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/pbs-dependen ... 77657.html

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spybadshah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:03 pm

[quote=tier11417 post_id=1760744 time=1553638329 user_id=179089]
You need cohabitation documents to prove you have been in a subsisting relationship. A couple documents have to be in joint names. Others can be in your wife’s name and your name separately. 6 documents for every 3/4 months covering 2 year period. Joint accounts, mortgage papers, tenancy agreement, council tax bill, nhs letters, tv license, gas/electricity/water bills etc etc.
[/quote]

Thanks Tier11417
I have included marriage certificate, council tax (joint name), Joint bank account statements since she was granted last leave (4 months gap and last 3 months), her bank account statements (same period as joint account but included last 6 months), her payslips and my payslips for last 6 months. I am hoping that is sufficient and it doesnt ask any of those in the document checklist.

I was not sure about what it means by 'Evidence of Applicant immigration status in UK'. I would normally think that is BRP but then it ask for BRP seperately, so I am confused. Further it seems they dont require photo anymore either but I will take them to apointment anyway.

Question: I tried to book an appoint at enhanced centre but nothing is available in next 2 weeks at any centre. Does anyone know when / what time new appointment slots are available? is it every morning or every week?

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Appointment booking with Sopra

Post by spybadshah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:09 pm

I tried to book an appointment at enhanced centre (checked 6 centres nearby) but nothing is available in next 2 weeks at any centre. Does anyone know when / what time new appointment slots are available? is it every morning or every week or 12 midnight?

I have submitted the application online but suprisingly cannot find any appointments in coming weeks except ones at core centre for £100 (out of hours). I wouldn't mind paying £100 if it included document checking service as the enhanced appointment for £60 does. They seem to be making lot more money in addition to £2400 paid for SET (O) ILR fees :evil:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:12 pm

I am fairly certain it does include document checking, ie support documents and you get to keep originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spybadshah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:37 pm

I think document checking service is different to returning the originals back. When I tried to book appointment at core centre for non core hours (only those are available) it ask me for additional £35 to include document checking service. I am assuming in the core service they only verify the copies and return originals without commenting on any documents missing etc.

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spybadshah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Any idea on when new appointment slots become available? I was looking to book the appointment ASAP so that we can travel around to US in summer.

Another question: since they return the originals back, do they also return BRP? If so then can we continue to travel while the decision is pending with UKVI? The existing BRP is valid until Dec 2020, so visa expiry should not be a problem. When I applied for my citizenship in 2015, I had been abroad for 2 weeks as I had my passport and BRP (ILR) valid with me - I had used councils document checking service at the time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 pm

You cannot travel while your application is pending. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spybadshah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Alright thanks. :(
I will update when I get appointment and what I submitted when I have done.