ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit visa(6months) - Start working

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blacksea28
Turkey

EEA Family permit visa(6months) - Start working

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi,

I have EEA family permit visa which will expire on 21st of June 2019, has been issued due to marriage to EEA spouse. I though I can work legally with it and also got permanent job contract which supposed to start form 1st of April. I already sent ss of my visa and explained my circumstance to my employer...

I arrived to the UK on 29th of March with my spouse. She was looking for a job during March and got permanent job contract from 8th of April. She visited job center to get job seeker status to be qualified person but they do not give such status unless you are in the UK for more than 3 months and looking for a job...

Once in the UK, I made a few phone calls to home office and NINO. SOme of agents says that I can work but I need to make an application etc, some of them says that I can probbaly work but they cannot confirm it and some of them says that I cannot work with 6 months EEA visa in any way- it is end of story, employer will verfy it and in case if I work they can be punished up to 20K GBP...

Employer is global known and big company, they already provided us relocation pack which costed a lot for them. So, what do i do? If I am not allowed than should go to HR tomorrow and tell them that I cannot? Because of this uncertain situation, I will be loosing my contract and need to recover the cost of relocation pack and reliability :(

By the way my wife applied to pre-settled status and awaiting decision email
I also applied to pre-settled status under her sponsorship and need to give biometric info tomorrow at the UKVCAS center then will be waiiting for the decision. (Customer support says that for Settle-presettle application there is no requirement as BRC like sponsor to be a qualified person etc, they advised to complete the application and wait for the email confirmation, they said that email will confrim the rights and I can show the employers. But no info that when/how long they will make a decision)

Any advice?

Blacksea28
Turkey

Re: EEA Family permit visa(6months) - Start working

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:46 pm

And advice? Tomorrow I supposed to start working :)

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:50 pm

I don't see any problem if you want to work with your valid Visa its legal to do so but you must submit an application for pre sattle before your Visa expires
But how did you consider yourself can apply under Surinder Singh rout? I think you can only do that if you have British wife and lived together in EU country and she had valid permanent residence card there or she has been studying or looking for job
Maybe I'm wrong

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:16 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:50 pm
I don't see any problem if you want to work with your valid Visa its legal to do so but you must submit an application for pre sattle before your Visa expires
But how did you consider yourself can apply under Surinder Singh rout? I think you can only do that if you have British wife and lived together in EU country and she had valid permanent residence card there or she has been studying or looking for job
Maybe I'm wrong
Some of Home office agent says that EEA family permit visa do not give right to work in the UK(Called via phone), therefore, I guess I cannot take up job then or cannot work legally with this visa?

I applied to pre-settled status but to submit the application, i need to attend biometric appoitment first. This week i will do probably.

Actually, I will be applying under direct family of an EEA national(not Surinder Singh route)

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:20 am

I was working with my permit but that was 7 years ago I don't know if they changed the law or no

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:48 am

This is from 3 years ago, but might answer your question (I concluded then that I had the right to work with the EEA Family Permit): eea-route-applications/do-you-have-the- ... 02597.html
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:48 am
This is from 3 years ago, but might answer your question (I concluded then that I had the right to work with the EEA Family Permit): eea-route-applications/do-you-have-the- ... 02597.html
Thank you!

Actually I've been working for 2 days and the employer seems fine with my EEA visa and passport, eventually I gve my biometrics for pre-settled status application and awaiting or COA.

But still I am worried that I do smth illegal? Not sure, not clear, nobody knows 100% I guess.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:34 pm

You are absolutely legal, 100%.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 am

Blacksea28 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:05 pm
kamoe wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:48 am
Thank you!

Actually I've been working for 2 days and the employer seems fine with my EEA visa and passport, eventually I gve my biometrics for pre-settled status application and awaiting or COA.

But still I am worried that I do smth illegal? Not sure, not clear, nobody knows 100% I guess.
You have nothing to worry about then. Everyone here with some experience consistently told me that as the family member you have the right to work, as long as your wife is exercising treaty rights (as she's in employment that is the case), and that the difficulty lies on your employer not believing you have the right to work. Since your employer seems satisfied of your right to work, you are good.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Adey
United Kingdom

Post by Adey » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Hello house,

I got my FP which is due to expire in September .
I will like to apply for the EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME. Please do you know what document are required. My sister is my sponsor.
I will appreciate your response.

Thank you

zee88gh
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by zee88gh » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Blacksea28 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:51 pm
Hi,

I have EEA family permit visa which will expire on 21st of June 2019, has been issued due to marriage to EEA spouse. I though I can work legally with it and also got permanent job contract which supposed to start form 1st of April. I already sent Surinder Singh route of my visa and explained my circumstance to my employer...

I arrived to the UK on 29th of March with my spouse. She was looking for a job during March and got permanent job contract from 8th of April. She visited job center to get job seeker status to be qualified person but they do not give such status unless you are in the UK for more than 3 months and looking for a job...

Once in the UK, I made a few phone calls to home office and NINO. SOme of agents says that I can work but I need to make an application etc, some of them says that I can probbaly work but they cannot confirm it and some of them says that I cannot work with 6 months EEA visa in any way- it is end of story, employer will verfy it and in case if I work they can be punished up to 20K GBP...

Employer is global known and big company, they already provided us relocation pack which costed a lot for them. So, what do i do? If I am not allowed than should go to HR tomorrow and tell them that I cannot? Because of this uncertain situation, I will be loosing my contract and need to recover the cost of relocation pack and reliability :(

I also applied to pre-settled status under her sponsorship and need to give biometric info tomorrow at the UKVCAS center then will be waiiting for the decision. (Customer support says that for Settle-presettle application there is no requirement as BRC like sponsor to be a qualified person etc, they advised to complete the application and wait for the email confirmation, they said that email will confrim the rights and I can show the employers. But no info that when/how long they will make a decision)

Any advice?

SO my friend did you sort out this problem ? im exactly in the situation , i just arrive to uk with eea family permit and i dont know what to do
any help plz

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:16 pm

zee88gh wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Blacksea28 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:51 pm
Hi,

I have EEA family permit visa which will expire on 21st of June 2019, has been issued due to marriage to EEA spouse. I though I can work legally with it and also got permanent job contract which supposed to start form 1st of April. I already sent Surinder Singh route of my visa and explained my circumstance to my employer...

Any advice?

SO my friend did you sort out this problem ? im exactly in the situation , i just arrive to uk with eea family permit and i dont know what to do
any help plz
Hi Friend,

Dont worry, just apply to EU settlement scheme and in case if you got job offer, just provide your marriage act + your wife's status(qualified-i.e exercising treaty rights) then it should be convincing the employer for some time, I belive in a couple of weeks you should be receiving a final COA

Good luck!