ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application - Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peter88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PR Card as basis for application after Brexit ?

Post by peter88 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi,

I'm attempting to apply for British citizenship in the coming weeks, I have now:

- Obtained PR Card which states i acquired the status in 2017 which makes me eligible to apply for citizenship now
- Passed the Life in the UK test
- Waiting to sit my English IELTS test on the 27th of April ( earliest date available )

Once I pass my English test, i will proceed with my application - since 27th of April is the earliest available day, my application will have to be made in early May after i pass my test.

My question is though - if we crash out of the EU, will my PR card suddenly become invalid ? The government website states clearly that there will be "no changes to rights until 2020 in event of no deal". Obviously the settled scheme will eventually replace PR cards, however, do I understand correctly that my PR card will still be a valid basis for my application even if no deal brexit happens as long as i make it before the date of 2020 stated on government website ?

Thanks for advice!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: PR Card as basis for application after Brexit ?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:01 pm

Yes - you can apply now with your PR document.
If you were to apply for settled status now you would have to wait another year to apply.
The guidance documenta gives the long explanation: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

peter88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Penalty for driving offence ?

Post by peter88 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi,

In the naturalisation form online, one of the questions is:

"At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or any other country?"

- A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding

I have received 1 speeding ticket in my life -whilst on holiday in Spain.

when i select this, i'm asked whether this was:

- Disqualification for speeding
- no insurance
- something else

I was not disqualified and it was simply a 50 euro fine for missing temporary speed restriction on a motorway in Spain. I obviously paid the fine.

Should i select yes, something else and in "what was it?" box, explain that it was only a fine and not a disqualification ? Or since it was not a disqualication, should i just say no ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Penalty for driving offence ?

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Yes explain it. This will have no effect anyway
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

peter88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship Application - Referees

Post by peter88 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi,

First of all - apologies for another "referees" topic, however, there is so many of them from 2006 to 2019 and they all seem to contain different versions of quoted documents and answers...

I'm completing my application and obviously need to provide 2 referees.

I have chosen 2 of my work colleagues, they are both:

- Senior Managers ( assume this ticks the 'professional person' box ? )
- British, with passports, over 25
- Have known me personally for over 3 years
- Not related to me or each other

My questions is about 'professional person'. Am I right to assume that my colleagues, both holding senior manager roles in my company, are suitable referees ? I find the 'list of professions' very confusing...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Application - Referees

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.