ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query from tier1 General to ILR - still waiting and meet 10 years ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ojiofor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent query from tier1 General to ILR - still waiting and meet 10 years ILR

Post by Ojiofor » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:53 am

This is the first time am posting on this forum, so please pardon me if am using a wrong thread.
Please I need clarification on the following questions;

Background;
I applied for ILR (tier 1 general 5 year route) in March 2016. I had my interview in January 2017 and decision is yet to be taken on my application after 2 and a half years.
I applied with my spouse who joined me in 2011.

I have just qualified for ILR via 10 years route (LR) and am considering varying my application to ILR (LR) subject to answer to the following questions.

(i). If I vary my application to ILR (LR) and switch my spouse to FLR, am I correct to say that having spent 7.5 years continuously in the UK that she will qualify for ILR (LR) in 2.5yrs when she would have completed her stay to 10 year. Answers on clock ticking back to zero is a bit ambiguous.
(ii) If I choose to wait until decision is taken on my pending application subject to answer to (i) above, and the decision comes out negative, could I submit a fresh application for ILR (LR) within 14 days and still have my 3C?
(iii) If I vary my application as per (i) above, how would the payment be taken? Do I pay balance on the difference in the fee plus IHS for my spouse or do I need to make fresh payment for the total fee while Home office balance my fee for previous application. I wouldn't want my application denied for paying wrong fee as per some posting here.

Thanks.

Ojiofor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent query from tier1 General to ILR - still waiting and meet 10 years ILR

Post by Ojiofor » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:13 am

Any response house?

gbptier1general
BANNED

Re: Urgent query from tier1 General to ILR - still waiting and meet 10 years ILR

Post by gbptier1general » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Ojiofor wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:13 am
Any response house?
Hi Ojiofor,
R u stil waiting for Ans for ur Questions?
I can provide some Inputs if u still wanted???
If u had already submitted u pls update some points of ur status pls?
Believe In Reality