ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents - consent form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

ILR Documents - consent form

Post by aditya26 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my ILR (Tier 2 dependent- spouse) after completing 5 years stay in the UK. I have submitted the online application (form O) and have booked an appointment, but, I have got few doubts reg the mandatory documents.

I have been given the below list of mandatory documents:
1. The passport issued by India for myself
2.Life in the UK Test pass notification
3.Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on 'my wife' for joint accounts or third party support
4.The language test certificate for myself to prove the level of English language required
5.Evidence of my immigration status in the UK
6.Declaration signed by 'my wife' to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
7.Current Biometric Residence Permit

Reg. document 3, I am currently working and not dependent financially on my wife so I had selected 'NO' for third party support while submitting the form. My understanding is that I do not need my wife's consent for any financial support. I just need her consent for verification checks as the utility bills/council tax is a joint account. Is that correct?
(consent form link - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf)

Reg. document 6, I am really confused as why its showing my wife's name on there as it should have my name.
I can not find any declaration form to download anywhere apart from the consent forms for the home office which needs to be signed by the applicant, joint account holder and if required by the third party for financial support.
I have signed the consent form which needs to be signed by the applicant but not sure how/where to look for a consent form for my wife?

Can someone please help me with it?

Thanks,
Aditya

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Documents - consent form

Post by aditya26 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:09 am

Hi Guys, can you please advise reg the above?

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:40 pm

The consent forms are the same but there are 3 of them. Main applicant signs the first page of those and any third parties i.e your wife sign pages 2 and/or 3.
Ref 6 its the same for my wife where it is showing my name on that. So I was a bit confused by that but the main applicant does their declaration on the online form I suppose. But consent for third party checks have to be done via the consent forms and I am assuming its the same declaration for point 6. The list does not seem to change even if I select yes to both or no to both.

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

Post by aditya26 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks for your reply kautya.
So do you reckon that if my wife signs the 2nd part to of the consent form that is available to download from the link given at the end of the application is enough for documents 3 and 6 listed above?
May I ask what did you do when it was required for your wife?

Thanks,
Aditya

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

Post by aditya26 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi CR001,

Apologies for opening in a new topic.
When uploading the documents on UKVCAS website, they have asked for the below mandatory docs:
1.The passport issued by India for myself
2.Declaration signed by 'my wife' to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks, 3.Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on 'my wife' for joint accounts or third party support

and have also mentioned that - 'You must upload all the mandatory supporting evidence, we will not be able to submit your application if mandatory information is missing. '

I do not have anything to upload reg point 2.
Can you please help?

Thanks,
Aditya

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 pm

aditya26 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm
Hi CR001,

When uploading the documents on UKVCAS website, they have asked for the below mandatory docs:
2.Declaration signed by 'my wife' to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks, 3.Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on 'my wife' for joint accounts or third party support

and have also mentioned that - 'You must upload all the mandatory supporting evidence, we will not be able to submit your application if mandatory information is missing. '

Can you please help?

Thanks,
Aditya
You should have received a link while you were filling out the form. But dont worry. You will also get a link to download the consent form after you pay on the “further actions” page. You have to download it. Your wife has to sign the relevant parts and upload with docs.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

Post by aditya26 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:25 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 pm
aditya26 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm
Hi CR001,

2.Declaration signed by 'my wife' to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
3.Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on 'my wife' for joint accounts or third party support

Can you please help?

Thanks,
Aditya
You should have received a link while you were filling out the form. But dont worry. You will also get a link to download the consent form after you pay on the “further actions” page. You have to download it. Your wife has to sign the relevant parts and upload with docs.
Hi tier11417,

Thanks for your reply.
The relevant forms have been signed by my wife which can be downloaded by the link as you have mentioned. She has signed the consent form for joint account.
The real confusion is with the point 2. I think there should be my name in the list of documents instead of my wife's.
There are three forms you can download- 1st needs to be signed by the applicant i.e. myself,
2nd and 3rd are needed for the joint accounts/third party sponsor if required.

I could not find any form which needs to be signed by my wife to give consent for the Home Office to request verification checks. :( :?

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

Post by aditya26 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 pm

User hai123 had a similar scenario, so I am checking/wondering what needs to be done..

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-o-ap ... l#p1764321

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:03 pm

If you are the applicant you will sign part 1. If you are relying on joint accounts/docs your wife will sign part 2. If you are financially dependent on someone he/she will sign part 3. Not sure where the confusion is.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

Post by aditya26 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:32 pm

I do apologize, but I had selected No when answering the question reg any financial support. I am not sure if the point 2 is related to part 2 or part 3 in the consent form.

if the point 2 above is related to part 2 of then what document shall I provide for point 3 (as I have selected No financial support)

Or do I need to provide all 3 parts in the consent form as I am a (visa) dependent on my with although not financially dependent.

Thanks,
Aditya

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:48 pm

aditya26 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:32 pm
I do apologize, but I had selected No when answering the question reg any financial support. I am not sure if the point 2 is related to part 2 or part 3 in the consent form.

if the point 2 above is related to part 2 of then what document shall I provide for point 3 (as I have selected No financial support)

Or do I need to provide all 3 parts in the consent form as I am a (visa) dependent on my with although not financially dependent.

Thanks,
Aditya
You just need to sign parts relevant to your situation. You are over thinking. You have to sign Part 1 and your wife signs Part 2. Thats it.

aditya26
Newly Registered
India

Post by aditya26 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:54 am

Okay thanks. I’ll only upload/submit part 1&2 of the consent form. Thanks for your time and patience :)

Aditya

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Yes you should be fine with that
Bizman

Uzair143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Uzair143 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi, did you get answer to this? I have a similer situation.
Was your application successful?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Uzair143 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi, did you get answer to this? I have a similer situation.
Was your application successful?
Instead of digging up older topics to tag onto, please start your own thread with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.