ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependants requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tamer
Newly Registered

Post by Tamer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone can answer my questions.
I was on the Tier 2 visa, got my ILR last year. Now I am applying for my wife and daughter who arrived in the UK in January 2014 and have few inquiries with their application

1- I know the 180 days yearly limit for absence outside the UK, but when filling the application I was not asked about the dates she traveled outside the UK over the 5 years, the only question was if she had and leaves granted on or after January 2018.

2- On the documents checklist, there wasn't any mention of proof of marriage, utility bills to prove she stayed in the UK and my passport and BRP were not on the list as well

3- The existing and new system for appointments are very confusing, I tried the existing systems and couldn't see any available appointments, is it still an option?

Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Dependent ILR absence from UK

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:32 pm

Tamer wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:18 pm
Hi,

I would be grateful if someone can answer my questions.
I was on the Tier 2 visa, got my ILR last year. Now I am applying for my wife and daughter who arrived in the UK in January 2014 and have few inquiries with their application

1- I know the 180 days yearly limit for absence outside the UK, but when filling the application I was not asked about the dates she traveled outside the UK over the 5 years, the only question was if she had and leaves granted on or after January 2018. There us no absence limit or requirement for dependents before Jan 2018

2- On the documents checklist, there wasn't any mention of proof of marriage, utility bills to prove she stayed in the UK and my passport and BRP were not on the list as well Read the guidance, you need additional docs like cohabitation docs etc and if your child is 16 or over. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.PDF

3- The existing and new system for appointments are very confusing, I tried the existing systems and couldn't see any available appointments, is it still an option?
If you choose the existing service you will have to post your original docs and attend biometrics at a post office, If you choose new service, you can pay submit and then book appointment for biometric and docs at a UKVCAS centre.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

Its advisable to use new service as existing service is phasing out

Thank you in advance
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tamer
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent ILR absence from UK

Post by Tamer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Thank you for your detailed reply

Tamer
Newly Registered

Post by Tamer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:09 am

Hi,

I had my ILR granted last year, now applying for my wife and daughter. I am puzzled with required documents as the application requires very few documents in the checklist
I would be grateful if you help me with these questions.

1- Do I need to provide a letter from my employer/ payslips and bank statements?
2- I have booked an appointment for biometrics on the new service and paid 3000 pounds. What is the processing time for that? I am paying the same amount of money for the previous premium appointment , but now no same decision as before ?!

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for dependants requirements

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:39 am

1- No
2- There is no guarantee or same day decision but the processing will be expedited
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice