ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shall we apply as company directors or as Self-employed?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akbar786
Newly Registered

Shall we apply as company directors or as Self-employed?

Post by akbar786 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi.

Me and my wife are the directors of a limited company. My company financial year ended last year in August 2018 and we want to use those accounts for our ILR application. We paid our self dividends and salary. Only confusion is that we are also registered as self-employed and filed our SA last year. Do we need to apply as a company director or as self-employed? Will it be ok if we apply as company directors? I have been paying myself and wife dividends and the certified accounts are all prepared and ready. Or will it be a problem as they might consider us as self-employed? I am very confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Shall we apply as company directors or as Self-employed?

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:49 pm

This is up to you. HO will not assume anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akbar786
Newly Registered

Re: Shall we apply as company directors or as Self-employed?

Post by akbar786 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:13 pm

This is what I thought but just wanted to confirm. We will apply as directors now. Thanks a lot for your help.