ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 - Accomodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier1 - Accomodation

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:53 am

Dear all,

Is it mandatory to submit proof of accomodation when applying T1?

Thanks,
Rajesh.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:15 am

From India: No

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:01 am

I had mailed VFS for a list of documents that need to be submitted with the application and although their list shows a job offer letter as optional, it shows the accommodation proof as mandatory.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:44 am

hsmp1412 wrote:I had mailed VFS for a list of documents that need to be submitted with the application and although their list shows a job offer letter as optional, it shows the accommodation proof as mandatory.
Thanks.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 am

I had mailed VFS for a list of documents that need to be submitted with the application and although their list shows a job offer letter as optional, it shows the accommodation proof as mandatory.
hsmp1412,

Can you post the list of documents which was given to you by VFS guys by email for submitting Tier 1 application?

Although the first person who submitted Tier 1 application from India(username: kaushal316) in this forum did not show any accommodation proof (nor any job proofs).
I don't recall any person on the following linked thread (who applied for Tier 1 Visa from India) to have submitted any accommodation proof.

Following is taken from:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26263
vtaneja,

Not sure about fixed deposit. BIA site does not mention anything about FD. I guess you need to prove that FD is a liquid asset and the amount is at your disposable at any time. The best bet would be to get a letter from bank for the fd account.

Rajkumar,

No need to mention about source of income. As long as account is in your name with regular activities, you are fine.

TierOneAspirantMay,

I neither showed any accomodation or job proof nor mentioned anything about them in my cover letter. It's best not to mention about these things as new application forms do not ask for any such information.

Cheers
Kaushal

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi,
Here is the list that the vfs guys mailed me:

DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR A HSMP TRANSITIONAL

· Passport (valid for at least 6 months with available ‘visa’ pages)
· VAF-9A AND VAF-9B with 2 recent coloured photographs, (45 x 35) mm against a white background with dark coloured clothes (Polaroid’s & matt -finish photos are not accepted).
· VISA FEES-Rs 17,425/-
· Valid HSMP approval letter from UK.
· Contract of employment with the company in the UK.(If applicable)
· Evidence of arrangements for accommodation in the UK
· Evidence of the applicant’s ability to meet the cost while in the UK such as the applicant is required to provide 15 months bank statements in which the last 3 months should reflect 2800 GBP..
· Integra form
· Previous employment’s pay slip
· Evidence of educational and previous work experience certificate

Applicants are required to submit the documents in original along with a set of photocopies of the same.

An extra set of photocopies of the following documents have to be provided for Integra:
· All Pages of the visa application form VAF 9A and 9B.
· The additional Integra form
· HSMP Points Proforma
· The Pay slip
· All pages of the passport including all blank pages
· The educational certificate
· Contract of employment

********* NB: THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST *********
AN ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER MAY REQUIRE FURTHER DOCUMENTATION
IF HE OR SHE DEEMS IT NECESSARY, BEFORE THEY CAN MAKE A
DECISION ON AN APPLICATION

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Proof of accommodation in UK ???

Post by chirantansaha » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:05 am

hsmp1412 wrote:I had mailed VFS for a list of documents that need to be submitted with the application and although their list shows a job offer letter as optional, it shows the accommodation proof as mandatory.

As you know they ask for "Proof of accommodation in UK" while applying TIER-1 General (HSMP), so is it OK to provide the address of a friend who is already living in UK?

Do we need to provide any doc/house agreement of that friend in-order to prove it?

Pls help !!!

Thanks in advance to all
C Saha