ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 on expired/cancelled passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 2 on expired/cancelled passport

Post by futuregp » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:18 am

Dear friends, I will be hopefully be starting GP training this August. HEE England will give me a 3 year Tier 2 sponsorship. My passport will be expiring next year in August 2020.
Q1: Can I apply for a 3 year Tier 2 visa on my passport which will expire after 16 months?

Q2: If I apply and gain a 3 year visa on my current passport, can I later travel back to my country to cancel it and return with a new passport to the UK, with my old passport having the Tier 2 visa to show to immigration along with my biometric card?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Future GP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 on expired/cancelled passport

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am

1. Your passport must be valid at the time of visa application. The visa is NOT a vignette in your passport. You only get a Biometric residence card as your visa.

2. You can renew your passport in the UK if you wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Big thanks for your reply.

I understand many nations' embassies in UK renew passports. Unfortunately, my country's embassy advised me to return home to renew my passport as they don't have this facility in UK. As i can't find time off from my NHS job, I will have to apply now for my new Tier 2 for 3 years with my current passport valid till August 2020 and travel home later around May/June 2019 to get a new passport.

My question: Can I travel back to UK to work for 3 years with an expired passport (used for 3 year visa application) and a new passport? Would I be asked to apply for a visa transfer from my old to latest passport? Would this issue have an impact on my ILR application in 2021?

Thanks in advance.

Future GP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Your flag indicates you are from Pakistan. Is this not the case???

You are overthinking this though. There is no issue. Your new visa will not be in your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Thanks again for replying.

I was born in Pakistan, and my family immediately emigrated to another country where eventually we were granted citizenship. My Pakistani citizenship (in the form of a national ID card) was restored to me a few months back. My adopted country's embassy in London does not have the facility of issuing new passports, unfortunately.
I was and will always remain Pakistani. Pakistan was where I qualified as a doctor. I will return there eventually.
Thank you so much for your help. It's really appreciated.