ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamping ILR overseas. Is it possible?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ishameeque

Stamping ILR overseas. Is it possible?

Post by ishameeque » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:27 am

Hello all,
My friend is an ILR holder currently on holiday in India. His wife, who was on a dependent work permit visa, went on a long holiday to India, well before my friend got his ILR.
Her dependent visa has since been expired. Can she stamp ILR at a British consulate in India?. Because, she was telling that it is not possible to stamp ILR as a dependant overseas. If that is the case, How can she re-enter UK?. Any suggestions?. Thanks in advance.
Ibrahim

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:43 am

If the husband now has ILR, surely any dependent visa now issued to the wife will also be ILR?

Or rather ILE if issued outside the UK! Indefinite Leave to Enter! That sort of visa does in fact last indefinitely but the end date stated on it confuses many. All in means is that the visa holder must enter the UK for the first time using that ILE visa otherwise it will lapse.
John

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:07 pm

Ishameeque wrote:Hello all,
My friend is an ILR holder currently on holiday in India. His wife, who was on a dependent work permit visa, went on a long holiday to India, well before my friend got his ILR.
Her dependent visa has since been expired. Can she stamp ILR at a British consulate in India?. Because, she was telling that it is not possible to stamp ILR as a dependant overseas. If that is the case, How can she re-enter UK?. Any suggestions?. Thanks in advance.
Ibrahim
Sorry the spouse is not eligible for consideration of an outright settlement visa i.e. ILE at a British Diplomatic Post or ILR via the Home Office. Her entry into the UK would be as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK - she needs to get a 2 year spouse visa then 28 days before this expires apply for ILR assuming the said relationship susbsists. By the way I expect the visa officers to investigate in detail the first of six rules for entry in this capacity i.e 'intends to live permanently with the other person as his or her spouse and that the marriage is subsisting"

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:19 am

<< By the way I expect the visa officers to investigate in detail the first of six rules for entry in this capacity i.e 'intends to live permanently with the other person as his or her spouse and that the marriage is subsisting" >>

Thanks for the reply. Does the above mean then that it will be sufficient for her to show that they have been married for more than five years now and they were living in the UK under workpermit before the husband got his ilr?.

Also, to apply for the settlement visa, is there a link which you can provide me, to know the rules and the documents that she needs to produce when applying at a British Consulate?.

Thanks
Ibrahim

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:54 pm

Just to update on this guys, my friends wife was given a settlement visa and has now come to the uk.
Regards
Ibrahim