ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to count how many days I was out of the UK for the last 5 years?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daqm
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How to count how many days I was out of the UK for the last 5 years?

Post by daqm » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:50 pm

As the title says, I wonder, is there a quick and efficient way of doing so? For someone who never keeps his tickets when he goes abroad?

And if there is a quick and efficient way, why doesn't OH provide it? Furthermore, how will they know if I haven't skipped a few days, and instead of 450 I have noted 390 for example?

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Re: How to count how many days I was out of the UK for the last 5 years?

Post by MsSteel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:25 pm

You can make a Subject Access Request (SAR): https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Attach a cover letter stating clearly that you want a SAR on Entry/Exit records and send copies of your current AND expired passports (only useful if you travel frequently outside of the UK as I'm assuming you use your ID card to travel to Belgium).

I did it the first time and got a detailed response after 8 long weeks. I then realised that I needed one for my expired passport as well and did a new request. Sadly, they ignored my request and instead sent me details of my recent activity with the HO!! They are notorious for doing that but it doesn't help to give it a go :-)

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Post by MsSteel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Correction: Only useful if you travel frequently outside of the EU.
MsSteel wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:25 pm
You can make a Subject Access Request (SAR): https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Attach a cover letter stating clearly that you want a SAR on Entry/Exit records and send copies of your current AND expired passports (only useful if you travel frequently outside of the UK as I'm assuming you use your ID card to travel to Belgium).

I did it the first time and got a detailed response after 8 long weeks. I then realised that I needed one for my expired passport as well and did a new request. Sadly, they ignored my request and instead sent me details of my recent activity with the HO!! They are notorious for doing that but it doesn't help to give it a go :-)

daqm
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by daqm » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:59 pm

MsSteel wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:42 pm
I travel frequently inside the EU so won't be helpful for me I guess, despite checking in and out of the UK with my EU passport?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:12 pm

daqm wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:59 pm
I travel frequently inside the EU so won't be helpful for me I guess, despite checking in and out of the UK with my EU passport?
A practical approach would be to make a list from memory - perhaps you go to some destinations regularly. Do you keep diaries or use an online calendar - worth checking? Also look at credit card and bank statements for travel payments. If it all makes sense you can enter approximate dates.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Post by MsSteel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:48 pm

I always travel using my passport even within the EU...maybe that's how they managed to send a detailed record...who knows! For some, the request comes back empty and for others like me...detailed. If you are a club member of an airline, hotel, or Eurostar, they can provide a list too.

daqm wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:59 pm
MsSteel wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:42 pm