ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will primary applicant get in?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anothertrekker
Newly Registered

Will primary applicant get in?

Post by anothertrekker » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Will the government award PR to my partner (primary applicant) & I (accompanying applicant) if I get a job before my partner? We applied for PR under skilled category.

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:39 pm

The way I see it is if you get a job before your partner all you have to do it put in the necessary papers and add your partner in that case you both will be in canada and your partner can withdraw their application. If you get a job offer your PR application will be processed faster.

Maybe someone else can share some light.
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

anothertrekker
Newly Registered

Post by anothertrekker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:43 am

Yes, my friend who's already a citizen told me that getting a job will speed up the whole process significantly.

Logically thinking, we should be able to go in together. I mean, what is the difference if primary applicant is employed, accompanying applicant isn't vs. primary applicant isn't & accompanying applicant is? IMHO, it is alright as long as one is employed & will be able to support both individuals. Then again, I may not have the same thought process as the system. :roll: