ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR in May and new born daughters passport as well

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kd1986july
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for ILR in May and new born daughters passport as well

Post by kd1986july » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 am

Hi Guys,

I am on a tier 2 general visa and will be applying for the ILR in May. I have had a daughter born in december and the plan is to get her passport once i get my ILR. Can you please tell me that after I get my ILR (will be applying for the premium service) -
1. How long will it take for my daughter to get her passport?
2. Will there be a naturalisation or any other process since she was born before i got my ILR
3. How long will it take for me to get her indian visa? I have heard evisa is faster.

I would like to travel out of the country as soon as possible and hence these questions.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR in May and new born daughters passport as well

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:53 am

1. What 'passport' are you referring to??? British passport?? She is not British yet so cannot apply for a passport directly. Was your daughter born in the UK??

2. You have to register her as British on form MN1, costs £1022 and is a separate process before you can apply for a passport. The whole process can take a couple of months or up to 6 months.

3. You should ask your Indian visa questions in the 'Other Countries' sub forum towards the bottom of the main forum page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kd1986july
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kd1986july » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:31 pm

1. My daughter was born in the UK and I will now be eligible for ILR. SO my understanding is she can apply for the british passport directly?
2. Is there any way to expedite the MN1 process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:35 pm

kd1986july wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:31 pm
1. My daughter was born in the UK and I will now be eligible for ILR. SO my understanding is she can apply for the british passport directly?
2. Is there any way to expedite the MN1 process?
1. You are mistaken, that would only apply to children born in the UK AFTER you already have ILR. Only a British citizen can apply for a British passport. Your draughter is not British. Being born in the UK before you have ILR doesnot give her automatic citizenship once you get ILR. You have to register her and pay the fees. Once you get the registration certificate, only then can you apply for a British passport.

2. No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kd1986july
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kd1986july » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Oh! Thank you so much.

Will i be better off getting my home country passport for my daughter if i want to travel out rather than waiting for the british passport and MN1 process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Your choice, but she will need a visa to return to the UK if she doesn't have a British citizen or passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)