ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Property inspection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Oinej084
Newly Registered
Scotland

Property inspection

Post by Oinej084 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi dear,
Im British citizen and on process to sponsor my husband spouse visa, I'm leaving with my parent they own a 3 bed house along with my 9old son, the question is do we need a property inspection? Or just a letter from my parents stating that the are happy to have us living with them attached with their land certificate?
Thanks
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Property inspection

Post by inwarddoor1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:34 pm

7.2. Ownership/occupation
The applicant should provide evidence as to the basis on which the accommodation is or will
be owned or occupied (including rented) by the family unit. This may for example be in the
form of a copy of the property deeds, a letter from a bank or building society as to the
mortgage arrangements, a lease agreement and rent book, or a letter from a family member
or friend who is making the accommodation available to the applicant and their family unit.

Where the accommodation is rented from a local authority or housing association,
correspondence from them can normally be relied upon as sufficient evidence. Greater care
needs to be taken in respect of a private tenancy. If there are any aspects of the
accommodation arrangements which raise substantial doubts as to whether the requirements
of the Immigration Rules are met, further evidence should be sought.
Where the accommodation is not ‘owned’ by the sponsor (in the sense that they are not the
head of the household but, for example, are living with their parents or are living alongside
other tenants in a house in multiple occupation), the Rules require there to be adequate
accommodation which the sponsor and any partner and dependants will occupy for their
exclusive use. This need not be a separate house or self-contained flat but, where it is as little
as one bedroom of their own, enquiries should be made about the number of rooms in the
property, the number of occupants and whether this is only intended to be a short-term
arrangement.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nnex_F.pdf

Oinej084
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Oinej084 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I have a letter from my parents which states number of rooms and that they are happy to accommodate us until we are able to get our own house. Therefore, please clarify that as far as Home Office requirements, this is sufficient. Or do I need to arrange a council inspection also as this is what I have also heard may be required but we are confused as we have the land certificate plus letter of support from my parents.
Thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:27 pm

In your situation the property inspection might not be mandatory because no one is none-related adult. You will need noc letter from parents allowing your partner to stay there, mortgage statement/land registry, council tax (optional).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.