ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit clearance while waiting for visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varshashastri
India

Leaving the country for another visa while extension is in process

Post by varshashastri » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:13 am

Hi,
My husband is on Tier 2 ICT and I am his dependent.We applied for an extension on 3rd April and still awaiting approval.
I am getting a tier 2 visa from my company for which we plan to go to our home country by end of this month.
Is it alright to leave the country if my tier 2 ICT extension is still in progress to come back with tier 2 general?

Thanks
Varsha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leaving the country for another visa while extension is in process

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:20 am

If you leave the country, your dependent extension will be considered withdrawn.

If you are refused a Tier 2 General visa and your dependent visa has expired, you won't be able to return to the UK until you have a new entry clearance dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

varshashastri
India

Post by varshashastri » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 am

If my Tier 2 general is approved, I wont have any problem coming into the country right?
In other words will my leaving the country affect my tier 2 general application and entry based on tier 2 general visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:41 am

No and No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

varshashastri
India

Exit clearance while waiting for visa extension

Post by varshashastri » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:50 am

Hi all,
We have applied for tier 2 ICT visa extension and our current visa is expiring on Apr 15th. We will be leaving the country to apply for Tier 2 general visa from India.(I am on tier 2 ICT dependent and will be applying for tier 2 general) Unfortunately we will have to leave the country while the visa extension process is still in progress (In which case I was told our visa extension application will be considered withdrawn).
By the time we leave UK our BRP cards would have expired. What are the documents we need to show at the exit clearance to prove that we have applied for extension to ensure they dont consider us to be overstayers?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Exit clearance while waiting for visa extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 am

Can you please desist from starting new topics with similar questions!!!

Please read the forum rule on Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Exit clearance while waiting for visa extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:00 am

What are the documents we need to show at the exit clearance to prove that we have applied for extension to ensure they dont consider us to be overstayers?
Nothing needs to be shown on leaving the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)