ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - Case ID received but no payment taken

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bogdan1
Newly Registered
Romania

EEA2 - Case ID received but no payment taken

Post by Bogdan1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello,

I am an EU national and my wife (non EU) applied for the EEA2 at the end of February. Sometime around 8th March we received an email from the home office confirming that they have received our application. The email also includes a case id. However, nothing else since then. The payment was not taken from our bank account either. It's been 6 weeks now since the home office received our application. Not sure what to do now. Tried calling them but they say that if it's within 6 months since the application time they can't give further information. Looking at other people's experiences on this forum looks something is wrong with our application since most people seem to get everything done within a month or so. It seems particularly strange that no payment was taken but we received a case id. What can we do? We definitely can't wait for 6 months without our passports to hear back from the home office. My wife's FP expired a couple weeks ago so she is pretty much stuck now.

Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Re: EEA2 - Case ID received but no payment taken

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Escalate this with your MP. MPs intervening on behalf of their constituents is a well-known last recourse in these cases.

It does seem something is irregular with your application, and you have the statistic evidence of the forums to prove this. While it is true they can legally make you wait 6 months, they never take that long to take a payment. You have grounds to argue for an immediate inquiry.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.