ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit and Comprehensive Health Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MaFedatto
Newly Registered
Brazil

Family Permit and Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by MaFedatto » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice regarding the EEA Family Permit application. I am REALLY depressed with this very bureaucratic and confusing process.

I am a PhD student (I have a scholarship in Brazil and it is paid in my Brazilian account) with dual citizenship (Brazilian and Italian). My husband is Brazilian and he is applying for the EEA Family Permit.

According to the HO website: "Applications for registration certificates or residence cards: evidence of CSI must be provided to cover the EEA national and any family member also residing in the UK with them. Where there is no evidence of CSI for the EEA national or their family members, the application must be refused".

Then, I tried to buy a CSI for me and my husband, but I was told that as he is not living in the UK yet, he cannot have health insurance. However, as far as I understand, if he does not have one, he will not the visa. Am I right?

Moreover, what is "full insurance", I quoted one that includes: Core cover, £0 excess immediate cover and Comprehensive Cancer Cover. And it excludes: Standard Outpatient, Full Outpatient, Therapies, Mental Health, Dentist and Optician, European Travel Cover, Worldwide Travel Cover, Private GP Cover.
Is it enough?

Thank you =)

Mileman
Argentina

Re: Family Permit and Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by Mileman » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi, not sure how helpful this will be.
My italian wife did not need to show any sickness insurance when I applied in Feb 15.
For my EEA Permit, I had something with April UK, sounds the cover was similar to the one you had. I paid a full year in advance and at least on that end I did not hear any issues from the HO.
I was already residing here though, maybe that is the big difference.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months: