ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First UK Adult Passport Application from abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

First UK Adult Passport Application from abroad

Post by Szilvana » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Hey guys,

I'm waiting for the decision on my BC application, and as soon as received, I'm looking to go to the EU and spend the summer with my family.
I can see there is an option to apply for first adult passport from abroad, but has anyone had experience with this service?
For example, do you still send your existing passport to the Liverpool office? Do they post your new documents to your specified address, or just your UK home address? How long is the process, are they still stick to the approx. 6 weeks?
Can I renew and keep my Hungarian ID (my old one expired and looking to renew it for EU travels) and send only my passport in?
Many thanks

Szilvana

alterhase58
Germany

Re: First UK Adult Passport Application from abroad

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Applying from abroad online is the same procedure as if applying from within the UK. Your original Certificate and Passport need to be submitted. Processing times can be as little as 10 days but are likely to increase due to the rush for the summer holidays - postal delivery outside the UK will add additional time..
But why not wait til you return to the UK?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

Re: First UK Adult Passport Application from abroad

Post by Szilvana » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 pm

I might do, just want to get it done and dusted. Also considering an interim job abroad, hence it would be nice to have everything in place in time.
Thank you for your response!!