ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Self Employed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Moirstreet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa - Self Employed

Post by Moirstreet » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi,

This is Raj, I am British and i have opened my Limited Company in October 2018.
I have been employed until May 2018 and was made redundant by my employer and i have opened my Limited Company in October 2018 and the company is running successfully.
We got married 5 years ago and my wife is in UK,but she left to India due to medical reasons and her visa got expired in India and i am looking to apply visa to bring her to UK asap.
But can you let me know if i am able to apply visa without running 12 months of my ltd company as i have only started in October 2018?

Any leads will be great as i am struggling for documentation.

Best Regards,
Raj

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Spouse Visa - Self Employed

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:24 am

Until you can produce annual or interim accounts showing net earnings of £18,600 on more in the last 12 months then you will not be able to meet the requirements.

If your bottom line net of all costs profit has been above £18,600 to date then it would be possible to put in interim account. But that will be costly as full accounts to produce and there is a potential argument that you might have heavy loses by the end of your first 12 months to drag you below £18,600.

The safe bet is to get your accountant to produce the 12 month / annual accounts ASAP after your year end date. And as long as your salary / remuneration / dividend amounts to £18,600 or more then you meet the requirements.

Moirstreet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moirstreet » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Thanks you for the swift response,but how can my accountant produce the 12 month /annaul accounts?
Because i have started my ltd company only on October 2018?
Please advise.

Best Regards,
Rakesh.

Moirstreet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moirstreet » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Best Regards,
Raj

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Moirstreet wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:26 pm
Thanks you for the swift response,but how can my accountant produce the 12 month /annaul accounts?
Because i have started my ltd company only on October 2018?
Please advise.

Best Regards,
Rakesh.
You are correct and don't need to wait for 12months. You can combine permanent employment and self employment in 12 months to meet requirements. You can request management accounts from accountant for your period.

Ref Appendix FM 9(b) (iv) If the company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognized Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants.

Moirstreet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moirstreet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:26 pm

Thank You very much,that is a great information.

flowingwater
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by flowingwater » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:31 am

Moirstreet wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:26 pm
Thank You very much,that is a great information.
Hi Raj

I’m also in similar situations, can you please let me know what was the outcome of your application? Were you able to combine the income from salary and self employment? If yes then what were the documents you had to produce?

I will really appreciate your answer.

Regards