ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - 2nd Marriage scenario

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamakhaa

Landlord NOC letter for spouse visa

Post by hamakhaa » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,
I am preparing to apply for spouse visa next month.I am facing issues with regards to getting permission/noc letter from my landlord.

I have just (from 2nd March) rented out a two bed flat. I requested the landlord to provide permission/noc letter for my wife visa but she have refused it because she thinks she cannot provide any reference as I have just rented out and they only provide reference to people who are there for more than 2 years.

I tried to convince her that I am not looking for reference rather a permission.

Now I am in a difficult situation where I am bound to 6 months tenancy agreeement and at the same time I am not able to get the consent letter.

Is tenancy agreement and inspection reports, bills, council tax docs are not enough? Has anyone applied without the landlord letter and have managed to have a succesful spouse visa application?

Can you please advise what options do I have now? Seems like I am now in a catch 22 situation where I am stuck for few months until this contract ends :(.

Regards,
Hammad.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Landlord NOC letter for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 pm

Unless the tenancy agreement is in joint names the landlord/estate agent letter is mandatory. In my view the landlord is talking about referencing & right of rent check which is indeed very imperative in private renting. Usually before taking any property the person must tell the inner objective too to the landlord & estate agency. Without getting noc preferably don't apply.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:40 pm

I did tell the estate agent my intention. Unfortunately landlord is now not cooperative.

I will try to talk to convnce landlord but if not what options do I have?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:20 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:40 pm
I did tell the estate agent my intention. Unfortunately landlord is now not cooperative.

I will try to talk to convnce landlord but if not what options do I have?
Try to convince him/her to get that important piece of document. You can even tell him/her to give you a noc letter stating that your partner can live there upon successfully getting the visa. By that way landlord might be satisfied due to be secured.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:09 am

Yes that's what I am trying to do i.e. convince the landlord.

I am planning to provide the following link to explain why the letter from landlord is required:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

Particularly pointing out at MAA6 and MAA11.

Do you think this is enough? Is there anything else I can provide to convince? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Hammad.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:33 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:09 am
Yes that's what I am trying to do i.e. convince the landlord.

I am planning to provide the following link to explain why the letter from landlord is required:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

Particularly pointing out at MAA6 and MAA11.

Do you think this is enough? Is there anything else I can provide to convince? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Hammad.
yes you can but also explain him that 2 bed flat is more than enough for a couple. Also explain him that he can just give you a noc letter with the condition of getting visa that will secure him. In last also suggest him to feel your problem if he is/will be in your situation.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:52 am

Thanks seagul.

I will include all your suggestions. Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hammad

hamakhaa

Spouse Visa - 2nd Marriage scenario

Post by hamakhaa » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 am

Hello everyone,
I am planning to apply for my wife's settlement visa and have this scenario:

I first got married in Pakistan in 2010 that ended in 2012, I have divorce certificate dated 2013. I have child from my first marriage who stays outside of UK with my ex wife.

My current wife also got divorced in the past, she also have a divorce certificate.

We got married in 2016 and have marriage certificate from Nadra .

The question is, is there anything else I need to mention (may be in cover letter) or provide (as documentation) as part of my situation apart from 2 divorce certificates(one from my first marriage and another from my wife's first marriage) and a marriage certificate?

Please suggest if there are any implications based on the situation above.

Regards,
Hamakhaa

hamakhaa

Frequency of Wtsapp chat

Post by hamakhaa » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:04 am

Hello everyone,
I am about to apply for my wife settlement visa.

As part of relationship proof I am providing wtsapp chat. I have like 150+ pages of chat. Wondering if this is a bit too much?

What is the best way to provide the chat. Is it ok if I provide some chat from each week?

Please suggest the best approach?

Regards,
Hammad.

hamakhaa

Re: Spouse Visa - 2nd Marriage scenario

Post by hamakhaa » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Can anyone please advice with the below mentioned scenario. Has anyone experienced similar in the past?
hamakhaa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 am
Hello everyone,
I am planning to apply for my wife's settlement visa and have this scenario:

I first got married in Pakistan in 2010 that ended in 2012, I have divorce certificate dated 2013. I have child from my first marriage who stays outside of UK with my ex wife.

My current wife also got divorced in the past, she also have a divorce certificate.

We got married in 2016 and have marriage certificate from Nadra .

The question is, is there anything else I need to mention (may be in cover letter) or provide (as documentation) as part of my situation apart from 2 divorce certificates(one from my first marriage and another from my wife's first marriage) and a marriage certificate?

Please suggest if there are any implications based on the situation above.

Regards,
Hamakhaa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:36 pm

You only need the divorce certificates for both of you to prove you were BOTH free to marry. Hopefully both divorce certificates are dated BEFORE your current wedding date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:21 am

Thanks CR001.

Yes we do have divorce certificates dated long before our marriage.

For my child from my first child if I say that I am not responsible for his expenses, is that going to be a problem? If I say yes I am responsible for expenses do I need to provide any evidence?

hamakhaa

Re: Frequency of Wtsapp chat

Post by hamakhaa » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 am

Any suggestions on this please? What is the best way to organise the chat history/log?
hamakhaa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:04 am
Hello everyone,
I am about to apply for my wife settlement visa.

As part of relationship proof I am providing wtsapp chat. I have like 150+ pages of chat. Wondering if this is a bit too much?

What is the best way to provide the chat. Is it ok if I provide some chat from each week?

Please suggest the best approach?

Regards,
Hammad.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

Seagul, do you know if there is a 28 day rule for landlord letter? I am assuming it is only the financial docs for which the 28 days rule applies?

Regards,
Hammad.
hamakhaa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:52 am
Thanks seagul.

Thanks,
Hammad

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am
Seagul, do you know if there is a 28 day rule for landlord letter? I am assuming it is only the financial docs for which the 28 days rule applies?

Regards,
Hammad.
hamakhaa wrote:
Thanks seagul.

Thanks,
Hammad
As a precaution try to not let it be older than 28 days from the date of application.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Is online application submission considered to be the date of application?
seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

Regards,
Hammad.
hamakhaa wrote:
Thanks seagul.

Thanks,
Hammad
As a precaution try to not let it be older than 28 days from the date of application.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:47 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Is online application submission considered to be the date of application?
seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

Regards,
Hammad.
hamakhaa wrote:
Thanks seagul.

Thanks,
Hammad
Yes

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:11 pm

I have made a second attempt to convince my landlord with no luck.

I have explained everything with all that we have discussed on this forum. Provided with an example letter etc but the landlord say they do not want to get involved in my personal matters.

I am not sure why the landlord is behaving like this. I am getting really depressed due to this situation. Please suggest what should I do as an alternative?

Also do you know if home office contacts the landlord usually for verification?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:11 pm

. Please suggest what should I do as an alternative?
I m afraid but there is no alternative to landlord/estate agent noc letter if the tenancy agreement is not in joint name. However, if you have any close friend or relative who has sufficient accomodation to accomodate you & your family by giving all required documents such as mortgage statement, title deed and noc letter then it may work too.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks Seagul for your response.

If I arrange accommodation with my friend/relative do I also need docs like bills,council tax on my name. Are they mandatory?

Do you know if homeoffice contacts the landlord for verification?

Regards,
Hammad.
seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

I m afraid but there is no alternative to landlord/estate agent noc letter if the tenancy agreement is not in joint name. However, if you have any close friend or relative who has sufficient accomodation to accomodate you & your family by giving all required documents such as mortgage statement, title deed and noc letter then it may work too.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 pm
Thanks Seagul for your response.

If I arrange accommodation with my friend/relative do I also need docs like bills,council tax on my name. Are they mandatory?

Do you know if homeoffice contacts the landlord for verification?

Regards,
Hammad.
seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

No bills are not mandatory to be in your name but your friend/relative must be ready to give you noc letter and his/her mortgage statement & title deed.
Yes HO most often carry out these verifications, so be honest.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:32 am

Seagul, one of my friend might be happy to provide these, the questions are:

1. What will be the content of the noc letter. If it says that me and my wife is there for few months before we buy a house, is that ok? Not sure how to phrase this. Is there an example letter I can use for this scenario please?
2. My payslip would have my address in Manchester whereas my friends lives near Birmingham, is that going to create doubts? Similarly my bank statement will have my manchester address?
3. The mortgage statement is it going to be the latest one with newer than 28 days?

Thanks,
Hammad.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:32 am
Seagul, one of my friend might be happy to provide these, the questions are:

1. What will be the content of the noc letter. If it says that me and my wife is there for few months before we buy a house, is that ok? Not sure how to phrase this. Is there an example letter I can use for this scenario please?
2. My payslip would have my address in Manchester whereas my friends lives near Birmingham, is that going to create doubts? Similarly my bank statement will have my manchester address?
3. The mortgage statement is it going to be the latest one with newer than 28 days?

Thanks,
Hammad.
1. Noc letter can be just basic as few sentences but clearly allowing you & your partner to stay there with a brief house plan. No need need to mention future housing plan.
2. Address won't be a big issue because at first stage of application there is no need of cohabitation proofs. But still if your work location is quite far than your accomodation then it will definitely trigger doubts. Maybe by justifying as how can you travel in between different cities might work.
3. Preferably yes

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:23 am

Hello there,
My employer pay salary for each month on 15th. For e.g. for the month of April (1st to 30th April) they have paid on 15th April. Same is the case for all 6 months. In other words they pay in advance.

I will be submitting the payslips for last 6 months from November to April, the questions is do I need to submit bank statements from 1st November to 30th April or until 15th April is fine? This is because the last salary is transferred on 15th April therefore there is nothing to show from the bank statement after 15th April.

Any suggestions?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:08 am

hamakhaa wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:23 am
Hello there,
My employer pay salary for each month on 15th. For e.g. for the month of April (1st to 30th April) they have paid on 15th April. Same is the case for all 6 months. In other words they pay in advance.
very normal practice
hamakhaa wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:23 am
I will be submitting the payslips for last 6 months from November to April, the questions is do I need to submit bank statements from 1st November to 30th April or until 15th April is fine? This is because the last salary is transferred on 15th April therefore there is nothing to show from the bank statement after 15th April.

Any suggestions?
You can use date duration calculator to make sure that your latest bank statement & payslip is not older than 28 days from the date of application (which is when you submit online) and must cover at least last 6 months.